• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

attempting 12v conversion

STRAGLER

Hello to all,
Finally got a little time to put into converting my M1008 to 12 volt using the roscommon directions. Came to a hang-up thought you guys could easily help with. Im at the point of removing the condensor from the pas alt. Im not sure what they are meaning. I have already removed previuos ground and grounded alt to engine. Can someone tell me from the pic how to "remove the condesor? is it the orange wire with the fusible looking link? Thx. for all help. I have researched and cannot find a diffiant answer.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The condenser is looks like a capacitor that is bolted go the back of the alternator. Most have been removed and not replaced. The orange wire is for the STE/ICE diagnostic system

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this a condenser? One of the alternators I bought had one on it, but I left it off when I put it on the truck because the truck did not come with them.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's it. Only needed if you are running military radios.

Thanks for posting the picture

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's funny they added them externally, when it has one internally as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks