• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Attempting to Change fuel filters

Caveman-17

Started to change fuel filters with a set bought for the "Deuce" and when I removed the primary I found this nasty little solid filter about 1/2 way down in the canister, obviously doing nothing, and I'm stumped as to how the short new primary filter is supposed to be installed.
The existing filter won't slide down to the spring, and even if it did, the new filter would cover the holes on it if I were to stack the 2 in the canister. It seems to be made of a solid material also, not a paper element like the new one.
Should it just have a long filter in it like the secondaries?
I searched the TMs and didn't find any reference to a short primary filter like what was provided me in this "kit."
All help appreciated!

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A simple search for "primary filter" in the Deuce forum lists many posts.

Check out this one. There is a picture in post #6

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/29972-m35a2-fuel-fiter.html

The short filter is correct as it allows all the junk to collect at the bottom of the can.

More than likely you are missing the internal pieces to the filter can

Last edited:

Caveman-17

350 miles home, and misc driving since then!
The filter wasn't held to the top of the canister, so the canister was just acting like a water sep.
I thought the same thing ryan77!
I think spin-on is the future as there were no; washer, spring, washer, cup in the canister.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That does look bad!!!! I think that filter was not doing much good.
Your right time for a spin-on.
:beer:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That filter is a re-usable one. If you get the right parts to keep it in place, you should not need to buy another primary filter. Just wash it and dry it.

Vfflang

I have that same problem you a 2nd cansiter on your primary. its works just a good just go with the secondary filter numbers

SECONDARY FUEL FILTER( THESE ARE THE FUEL FILTERS ON THE ENGINE THERE ARE 2 OF THESE SAME NUMBER FOR BOTH)
PF902-BALDWIN
5573262-AC DELCO
FF110-FLEETGAURD
3512-NAPA
86512-CARQUEST

Good luck

jasonjc

The old filter is reuseable, not sure is that one is too far gone or not. It seems that who ever put it in last left out some parts. You need those part to make the old filter or the new one work. Even the longer ones will not work with out some parts.

On a side note the WIX 33113 is a much better choice. It will center better in the canister.

I don't see whats so hard about replacing the filters. With the canister ones you can see whats been going thought them. With the sipon's unless you cut them open you don't know.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks