• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Attn.: BobH Check Your Inbox...

odjeeper

Just sent you an IM about a W300 Ambulance for sale on ebay, thought you may want to see it since you indicated you were looking for one in an earlier post.

N1265

did you guys notice the cab lights on the truck ? just wondering if there were any other proto-type MVs with them ? ( or any MVs at all with them for that matter )

I also noticed an M886 in the background of one of the pictures.... so apparently this guy has some knowledge on the subject.

Just wondering........

odjeeper

Doing Some Research...

Don't remember where I saw it, but several years ago I saw something about the military procuring a small number of Dodge ambulances, which were not actually prototypes in the normal sense, but were used as models when drawing up the contracts for the M880 series. I am trying to track down some more information on these units currently without much success yet, but will keep at it.

N1265

RE: Doing Some Research...

while we are on the subject, what purpose does the sloped cab roof serve on the m886 ? was there a special reason for this ?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Doing Some Research...

Best I can figure is it allowed you to stand up and walk to the rear vs being severely hunched over. Had 2 neat overhead storage pockets too.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Doing Some Research...

N1265 said:
while we are on the subject, what purpose does the sloped cab roof serve on the m886 ? was there a special reason for this ?
Aerodynamics :lol:

Carryover design from way back. with the passenger seat that folds forward it makes for real easy movement to & from the rear compartment thru the passenger door.

Neat place to mount the spotlight :roll:

N1265

I would of thought they would of went for a " on the roof " design like they have on RVs and kept the sloped roof for the cab enterance issues ?