• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Attn Ft Sill Deuce Winners 3-25-10

M1075

Here are few pics of the trucks Warthog and I recovered on Monday. The M915s pulled great and we even doubled up 2 deuces behind one.

Attachments

Tackettr

Got to recover another deuce from Sill today. The M915A1 sure makes it a fun drive!

M1075 was nice enough to not only help me recover my new "parts" Deuce, but also allowed me to use his "Super Nice" M915A1! It was a quick down & back recovery with it! M1075 followed me back in his CUCV Blazer and assisted with the steering when we made some sharp turns.

He was right on my tail 99% of the way and broke off at the last minute to run by his house before helping me on the last portion of the recovery at my house. Murphy was standing ready! :evil:

Not 5 minutes after M1075 broke off and 1 mile from my exit off I-35, all **** broke loose. At first I thought a big gust of wind had hit me because the 915 was trying to change lanes on me then a quick check in the mirror revealed the problem. The wheels had turned to the right on the deuce in tow trying take the rear of the 915 with it. Smoke was boiling from the tires and I just knew they were going to blow any second!

I was at +60 MPH when it happened and started an emergency controlled stop as quickly as I could. The brakes on the 915 are very good and I was concerned about them locking on me and then losing control. The rear of the 915 felt very loose during the braking.

Thank goodness, I was successful in getting it shut down and to the shoulder safely and no blown tires. I left a set of skid marks over 500 ft on the road and a pretty good one in my undies!:p

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....I left a set of skid marks over 500 ft on the road and a pretty good one in my undies!:p
Glad to hear you made it back in one piece. I can see your wife asking "Honey what happened to your undies today????"

baxter

Those have to be some of the coolest pics ive seen of a recovery great job guys. We just won 4 deuces here in clearfield well see how it goes. We only have one towbar and 2 running trucks right now I will try and remember my camera.