• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction end for LARC V

littlebob

Anybody watched/bid on the LARC V on GSA that sold today? I saw two at that lot when I picked up my truck. Not a very practical vehicle till there is a flood, but way cool. It sold for $21,550. When I saw it 3-1/2 yrs ago I was planning on being rich enough to afford it when it came up for sale.

littlebob

I was in gulfpit MS 95 or 94 and for a week straight they hulled 50 larc s in from Paraguy or uraraguy some sort of lend lease thing I guess they where sold off for scrap
Thats what I'm afraid of. There are probably only a few preserved as HMV. There weren't that many made and most are made to do tour duty, like the DUCK's after
WW2. There aluminum construction makes them desireable for scrap when its high.

mhassett

They are still in use and re-built by a firm located at the Stennis Space Facility in Mississippi.
They are completely stripped down to the individual piecs, not components, blasted, re-welded as required, all pieces, not components are inspected, and the LAV re-built, and returned to the Military.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah. Like they're not smart enough to get a chopper, or wait until you sink, run out of fuel, or come ashore somewhere else. :roll:

Not like you can't see those LARCs from orbit....
Well that would be one heck of a ticket, but a bit extensive im sure. In the "Land of a thousand Lakes" it would be more fitting. Go pond hopping until you can make your getaway into the woods. :twisted:

littlebob

They are still in use and re-built by a firm located at the Stennis Space Facility in Mississippi.
They are completely stripped down to the individual piecs, not components, blasted, re-welded as required, all pieces, not components are inspected, and the LAV re-built, and returned to the Military.
Did they restore this big one? I'm one of those impulse buyers that would really
stimulate the economy if millions landed on my doorstep.

1952 Landing Craft Amphibious Larc LX Commercial Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

littlebob

This it?

AMPHIBIOUS VEHICLE71QSCI10099022 $21,550 USDLA812/16 05:30 PM CT (Closed)
Yeah, thats the one. There were two of them on that lot last time I was there.
I don't know if the other one is gone yet. I saw one on I-12 heading east yesterday
about 4:30 on my way home from work. It was about MM30. Pretty sure it was the one from the auction.

Attachments

bohman

I thought I was cooked I drove it to a local lake and when I turned a corner there were police everywhere. I didnt know they were having a triathalon that day! The cops gave the thumbs up and I got the heck out of dodge!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks