• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction newbs

Bighurt

I bid like a lot of you minimum on everything to watch, then last day bid my max auto-bid on my fav. As each favorite gets outbid I move to the next one. Sometimes, I win, most of the time I lose.

Sometimes I change my max at the last minute, not usually wise but sometimes I blind bid my max and forget to go back. Safe max sorta like if this wins it's a steal, however my real max may actually be signifiacntly higher...like if I truely want something.

Still once the same bidder outbids me on more than one lot...I know I'm losing. Frankly I've come to the realization there is more green in waiting.

sterlun

I think, like mentioned earlier, that the hype of the auction takes people overboard. A lot of folks out there with loose cash that just want to show off and brag that they outbid everyone. I'd love to have the money some people waste.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some people get to thinking it's a game (like a baseball game) to where you play to win. While you are playing to win you've got to know when to "throw in the towel". Everybody wants to be a winner but if you pay way too much for an item, are you really a winner?

The only thing I can hope is that after paying top dollar for junk trucks and running the prices up on all the other trucks, they will get discouraged and not bid on anything else when they go and pick up their pile of parts.

Lately, GL has been getting better prices than I can get for better stuff. Why on earth people will pay more for a rough truck or trailer, wait for a EUC, and pay for a sf97 when I can sell them the same item better, cheaper, title in hand, and carry home on the same day I'll never understand.

Last edited:

Bighurt

Lately, GL has been getting better prices than I can get for better stuff. Why on earth people will pay more for a rough truck or trailer, wait for a EUC, and pay for a sf97 when I can sell them the same item better, cheaper, title in hand, and carry home on the same day I'll never understand.
Send me a list, maybe you can save me some cash...

I do agree with the baseball comment, lately I've lost to some diehard bidders. What drives me nuts is some of these guys win muiltiple lots of the same equipment. Yet they bid me up on lot after lot, to the point that they would have saved a grip of cash had they just let me have one item...

Flyingvan911

I set a budget of $1,600 for a deuce (my first). My winning bid was $1,560. All the other trucks went into overtime. Mine turned out to be a great truck. If I had been outbid, I'd have waited for another auction. An auction should be a disiplined business transaction, not a contest.

sterlun

I definitely wouldn't consider someone who payed an outrageous price a winner. I'd be more inclined to snicker and call them an idiot.

"Oooh, look at me! I payed $5000 for the same deuce you got for $2000!"

Yeah, I'd make fun of them for sure.

cj8mule

I do agree with the baseball comment, lately I've lost to some diehard bidders. What drives me nuts is some of these guys win muiltiple lots of the same equipment. Yet they bid me up on lot after lot, to the point that they would have saved a grip of cash had they just let me have one item...
That's spot on Bighurt. I just want one ... lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks