• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aug. 16, 2014, SS invited to Ga MVPA montly meet in Marietta.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Tom is the treasurer of the Ga. MVPA and called me this past weekend to find out about the Ga. Rally and during our conversation he invited me to their August meeting to talk about the rally.

So on August 16th, I am going to ride out there and have lunch with them and tell them about our rally.

If anyone would like to go, it's a fun few hours in the middle of a Saturday. Show up, hang out for an hour or so, eat lunch and then go home. I'll probably get there about 11am. Let's show those Ga. MVPA guys how much iron we can produce on a Saturday afternoon. :p

We did this long time ago and had a lot of fun: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?9102-Georgia-MVPA-meet

Here's the google map link: http://goo.gl/maps/C8NuG

Here's the info, as copied from our email convo:

Clint, below is our August meeting reminder. We will be discussing our plans for events in October. You are cordially invited to attend and talk about the upcoming Georgia Steel Soldiers rally (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?126876-Official-2014-SS-Georgia-Rally-Info-SSGR14-thread). Bring as many other Steel Soldiers as you can.

Sincerely,
Tom
Treasurer, GAMVPA
P.O. Box 464206
Lawrenceville, GA 30042

"The next monthly meeting for the GA Military Vehicle Preservation Assoc. will be held Saturday, August 16, 2014 at the Delkwood Grill (www.delkwoodgrill.com), 2769 Delk Rd, S.E., Marietta, GA 30067. Their phone number is 770-956-1313.

The business meeting starts at noon, but get there early to visit and order lunch from their great menu. We will have the back door unlocked for access to our meeting room. Bring a vehicle if you can, or pictures if you can't. Buy, sell, or trade parts with other members. Free advice will be given and received.

The club now has a Facebook page (georgia mvpa). If you are into Facebook, ask to be a friend. Tag us with some of your photos with comments.

Guests are always welcome."

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed the URL for Delk Wood Grill.

Plus you guys will be right by Northern Tool. :)

hopkins92

Clint, thanks for posting this announcement. The Delkwood Grill parking lot is just as big as it was last time you were there. There is plenty of maneuvering room for big trucks and trailers.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I wonder how many members the GA MVPA has? I know they lost me several years ago because the site was never updated and no one would ever return emails sent etc.

I realize there was probably a totally different group in charge then but I can't seem to find a reason to re-join or even to participate??

hopkins92

I wonder how many members the GA MVPA has? I know they lost me several years ago because the site was never updated and no one would ever return emails sent etc.

I realize there was probably a totally different group in charge then but I can't seem to find a reason to re-join or even to participate??
We have about 100 paid members now. The website has been deactivated and replaced with a Facebook page ("Georgia mvpa"). Anyone can "like" us on Facebook and get information on club events. Club members are added to an e-mail group and receive notices directly as well as getting e-versions of the quarterly newsletter. Send inquiries to "gamvpa at gmail.com." The inbox is checked every 2 to 3 days.

I would say things have definitely improved and we would welcome you back.

P.S. We occasionally hold meetings on the southside of Atlanta and may have one coming up soon.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So, who all is going with us this Saturday?

amgeneral72

So, who all is going with us this Saturday?

If I wasn't out of town I'd be there. I showed up in a duce w/trailer once and thought they were all gonna have a heart attack. Surprised I was allowed to stay. I cant imagine what would happen if Emily was to pull up in the 5ton w/146 trailer in tow.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What is the earliest this gets started? I'll have to be making trails back home by 12:45 from there if I go.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would truly like to give the GAMVPA another shot but we at CAMO have a priority real world mission tomorrow. Maybe next time??
We'll see how tomorrow goes.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Clint, Clint's father, and myself were there. Clint gave a great presentation on the GA rally. Hopefully they'll be some MVPA visitors.

armytruck63

I think both the MVPA and Steel Soldiers can benefit from a better relationship and understanding of each other. I happily support the MVPA (and the ATHS) for their efforts in lobbying etc. I urge all SS members to check out the MVPA and join if it sounds interesting to you.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't get to many meetings, but the GA MVPA is a good group. Several members have given me Deuce parts and parts for my M23 mount.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I thought the group was more receptive to our Ga rally invite than last year. I met some people I had seen posting on G503 and they were very nice. Saw a couple really nice WWII Jeeps and a bicycle!

The Ga MVPA demographic is much older than SS and probably G503 so I spent a few minutes explaining what SS is and how it works. I gave a brief overview of the history of our rally and I extended a special offer to the Ga MVPA: If they wanted to hold their rally along with ours, we would set aside a roped off area specifically for them. The Ga MVPA has had a hard time over the last few years finding a good location for their rally. I told them we'd love to have them as guests either individually or as the entire group. I doubt they'll take us up on the offer of having their own area, but I have no doubt that if they did, the SSGR attendees would greet them as brothers. We certainly have enough room to spare that we could give them a nice area to themselves.

I have to admit, there was a nice "ego stroking" moment when I told the crowd we had 109 powered MV's in 2013 and there were audible gasps, "wows" and such. That was not terrible at all. :)

I hope that at least some of the Ga MVPA membership can make it out and see the vent for themselves-I feel confident if a few "forward observers" make it out and see how awesome it is, they'll report back and bring back more folks for 2015.

Much thanks to Tom for inviting us and patracy for showing up (and being clever enough to wear a rally t-shirt).

C

Whiterabbit

I don't see why it wouldn't be a win/win for all concerned?
Consolidation of military vehicle rallies means publicity and growth for all concerned which means more green machines, dealers, and sponsors maybe?? Not mention with the price of fuel nowadays it's a struggle to go to a dozen different rallies all over the place.
Down side???

hopkins92

Thanks, Clint, John, and Andrew for attending our August 16, 2014 meeting. We had a great turnout, with 25 total attendees. That just about filled up the banquet room at the Delkwood Grill. Clint gave an excellent presentation on the Steel Soldiers organization and Georgia Rally. We will mention the SS Rally in our newsletters and at the September meeting and encourage GAMVPA members to participate at Durhamtown Plantation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks