• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Austin Texas Veteran's Day parade

Pawnshop

The weather was great, we had a Lone Star MVPA club record turnout of 21 vehicles, lots of Veterans and lots of crowd support! It was a good day:)

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure folks will notice the guntruck replica right off, so here are a few more pics.
Ed worked like a fiend getting that truck built in time for the parade, and a lot of the paint wasn't quite dry yet! It is not finished, but complete enough for its debut.
It is not an actual replica of any particular truck, but a representation based on ones seen in The Hard Ride book.

The M60s are airsoft guns, and look remarkably real. They didn't come with the front mounting lug, and Ed didn't have time to modify them, so they got tied to the mounts with 550 chord. :-D Hey, it worked!

When we came out after lunch, there was a PT Cruiser parked next to my M813. I took a picture because I thought they looked funny next to each other.

In pic 2, Reloader64 is in the woodland cammies 2nd from left, Pawnshop is in the Multicam.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great turnout guys. Wish I could have been there (well I could have since our event was canceled). Maybe next year if I get my ambulance.

Barrman

You can see the Dueces belonging to Pawnshop, Scott and myself in my picture. What you can't see behind that is the M725, CCKW, M1009, M813, the gun truck and M820. They went over the crest of the bridge. We had at least 5 SS members that I know of. Maybe more.

Pawnshop

Here are the rest of the participants from our group...

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If my truck was here, I woulda gone.... :evil:
Well, we have the Liberty Hill parade in December, the Boy Scout parade in February, Texas Independence Day parade in March, and.... :-D

For SOME reason my girlfriend didn't want to ride in my 5-ton in that pretty white nurses uniform, so she rode with Rick instead! :roll:
He didn't mind though.

Her uniform is original WW2, except the apron which is dated 1953. She is very protective of that outfit, but doesn't mind getting dirty when she has old clothes on, has no problem getting elbow deep in a vehicle. She has restored a couple of her own cars (a 60s VW and a 70s Nova).

We seem to be missing Buckmaw's superb M1009 in the other pictures, here is the best one I have.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited: