• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Australia: Importing US MV's

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Sorry I found this thread so late.

Anyone know of an agent That can import to Melbourne?

I am also looking at getting an M35A2-C with winch and Bow/covers and even thinking of a trailer to go with it.

Aussie.

Hey crew I am in the process of importing a HET 1070 into WA to be used by our local volley sea search and rescue crews in the south west ... Gotta say is F?&@ing hard work ....firstly would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread as the info is priceless ... 2nd would love to hear more about anyone progress as am really struggling with this one ... Have meet some awesome contacts in the US from this forum and would be at a total loss without them ..hopefully should have some results soon and will post my story as soon as I have some proven outcomes to brag about
until then best of luck on your missions diggers !!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey crew I am in the process of importing a HET 1070 into WA to be used by our local volley sea search and rescue crews in the south west ... Gotta say is F?&@ing hard work ....firstly would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread as the info is priceless ... 2nd would love to hear more about anyone progress as am really struggling with this one ... Have meet some awesome contacts in the US from this forum and would be at a total loss without them ..hopefully should have some results soon and will post my story as soon as I have some proven outcomes to brag about
until then best of luck on your missions diggers !!
You are getting a GREAT truck, sorry to see part of the heard to go, caused a hole , any chance filling that hole, the rest of the HETS miss its brother.

Thanks Ron .....Cant thank you enough for everything you have done ...Is not often you happen across people a world away with as much heart as you mate!!! ...you are a fair dinkum legend and are welcome in my neck of the woods anytime ......truck is still at sea and is a little over 3 weeks away...Then let the fun begin !!!! as far as I know this will be the first HET in Australia and am looking forward to seeing it in action ,Have sourced a 20tonne knuckle boom crane to be mounted on arrival for good measure ...One question? I heard you had a HERD of HETS grazing in your yard for awhile ... How did the neighbours react ???
You are getting a GREAT truck, sorry to see part of the heard to go, caused a hole , any chance filling that hole, the rest of the HETS miss its brother.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks Ron .....Cant thank you enough for everything you have done ...Is not often you happen across people a world away with as much heart as you mate!!! ...you are a fair dinkum legend and are welcome in my neck of the woods anytime ......truck is still at sea and is a little over 3 weeks away...Then let the fun begin !!!! as far as I know this will be the first HET in Australia and am looking forward to seeing it in action ,Have sourced a 20tonne knuckle boom crane to be mounted on arrival for good measure ...One question? I heard you had a HERD of HETS grazing in your yard for awhile ... How did the neighbours react ???
Neighbors were fine, a lot of big KIDS and there kids stopped by and looked at the herd, the LANDLOAD stopped by, she did NOT like the herd grazing on the front lawn so she REVOKED the grazing rights. I told her that the herd was CAMO and no body would see them, she was NOT amused, some people just take life to serious.

Avn-Tech

Aussie bloke,

Thank you for this thread, it was quite a wake up call.
I am planning on retiring to Australia in about 10 years.
my wife ask what I am going to do with all my toys (aircraft and military vehicle collections).
my reply was to take them with me.

laterrrrrr
avn-Tech

Another Ahab

Aussie bloke,

Thank you for this thread, it was quite a wake up call.
I am planning on retiring to Australia in about 10 years.
my wife ask what I am going to do with all my toys (aircraft and military vehicle collections).
my reply was to take them with me.

laterrrrrr
avn-Tech
Hey Avn-Tech, just add one of these to your collection for the trip, and you're all good to go!

USNS_Benavidez_(T-AKR_306).jpg

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

I only have pics that have been sent to me from selected shots I requested for my Import application.

I also have an almost 1 hr Video that was taken by my good friend who went to inspect it for me but I am sure everyone will understand I can't post that because I don't have permission from the seller or my friend to show it publicly as I have to respect their privacy.

I will however flood the forum with pics and Video once I get it here.

IMG_0507.jpg

This is the baby I am waiting to get home.

Zero rust, Clean as a whistle!

If all go's well I might have my Deuce home by May the way things are going,...

Aussie.

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

She is a 1959 Kaiser Jeep.

She spent most of her service life in the motor pool sitting, she has the rear PTO controls but not connected to anything.
Then she was refurbished in 72 and changed to how you see her with the drop side bed and immediately surplused out and sold to her first private owner who had his own car collection.
This owner died not that long ago and his children wanted cash because they had no interest in the collection.
The Deuce was sold to the first person to make an offer, (the person I bought her from) he got her for a great price!
Not long ago the new owner got the 5 ton bug and sold the Deuce to me for that great price!
Now I have a deuce and he has a 5 Ton and all is well with the world,...
;)

The engine is new and not even run in yet,....
**** the whole truck is like new!

Now to get it home,.....

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Ok,...

A few days ago now my Deuce was to be collected but the trucking CO misunderstood their instructions and thought they were picking up a jeep 4x4!
Duh!

Anyway, now they have to get their act together now they know what is to be collected.

2nd attempt at collection soon.

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Ok,... The deuce was collected on the 22nd and should be at the port now!
Just going through clearing customs and then on the ship she go's!

Aussie.

Another Ahab

G'day everyone,....

Ok,... The deuce was collected on the 22nd and should be at the port now!
Just going through clearing customs and then on the ship she go's!

Aussie.
That's building the excitement, Aussie Bloke. [thumbzup]

What's the plan for "first steps" once you got your hands on her!?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks