• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auto Cancel Turn Signal

Jersey4x4

So I am looking around on eBay and see an auto cancel turn signal switch that is for a military truck. It looks exactly like the M35 type switch but has the auto cancel function. My question is what steering wheel is set up or what truck had the auto cancel turn signal switch installed. I was thinking the M35A3 but that does not appear to be the one maybe the 900 series but will that wheel fit the 800 series truck? Here is the link to the switch M Series Turn Signal "Blinker" Arm Military Truck *NEW* | eBay I also saw these at the Sussex show last saturday so I know they are real. I just dont know what truck it is from to find the steering wheel to go with it and to see if it will fit my M816. Thanks

papercu

an auto cancel turn signal switch
I didn't see the auction say anything about it being a "an auto cancel turn signal switch" ?? Did you ask the seller for a p/n or NSN? Wayne/COLOR]

Last edited:

jwaller

it's for the HMMWV. will not fit a 5Ton. I have it on my truck. for it to work you also have to have the new style signal switch or lever or whatever you call it.

you might could make it work but that is not it's OEM design.

Jersey4x4

You can see in the picture that it has the little dingus where the pin on the bottom of the steering wheel would flip it to cancel the turn signal. I also asked the seller and confirmed it is auto cancel. I saw the same switch at the show and it will fit the 5 ton with no problem but the wheel on the 5 ton does not have the pin to flip the dingus on the lever. Will the HMMWV steering wheel fit the 800 series truck? How about the HEMMT? The seller just has them as surplus and has no clue what they fit. There was no numbers on the switch or that is what I was told. I do understand that it is not OEM on the M816 but I want to make it auto cancel and keep a similar look rather then just add a universal switch or something like that

jwaller

the one being sold on epay will not fit a 809 steering wheel and the hmmwv steering wheel won't fit the 809. so it's a no go in all arears. what you could do is find a way to mount the ring on the 809 steering wheel than make a bracket to hold the new auto cancelling lever arm with the light bulb in it.

it's not going to bolt on and work. you'd going to have to make it work.

Jersey4x4

Mounting the turn switch is no problem. I did not know there was a ring that went with the steering wheel. Any clue where to find one? I have a full machine shop here and can mod something to make it work but dont want to get too modern looking so using mil parts to start with would be great.

jwaller

sure anything can be done if you want it bad enough but it's not a simple install, parts will have to be fabbed. and trust me when I say it's not worth it, it's not that big of a deal. I have it on my hmmwv and I' wouldn't even think about taking the time to try and make a bastard system work on my 5T.

jwaller

the OD of the ring is meant to fit around the column of the hmmwv which is about half that of the 5T, so I dont think the ring will even fit around the column of the 5T.

Jersey4x4

So I bought the switch from eBay and it mounts right up to the 5ton M816. I have also done some more research and found that the cancel ring mnts to the steering wheel not the column so the dia of the column has no bearing on the upgrade at all. I also found that there is an update to the M35A3 that uses this exact setup and there is a FM for the kit. I was in the process of downloading the FM and my dial up connection went down and computer locked up and now I cant find it. Anyway I just wanted to post that it will work on the 5ton and older M35 trucks as well with very little effort. Thanks for getting me started in the right or left direction. Pun intended [thumbzup]

Vfflang

So I am looking around on eBay and see an auto cancel turn signal switch that is for a military truck. It looks exactly like the M35 type switch but has the auto cancel function. My question is what steering wheel is set up or what truck had the auto cancel turn signal switch installed. I was thinking the M35A3 but that does not appear to be the one maybe the 900 series but will that wheel fit the 800 series truck? Here is the link to the switch M Series Turn Signal "Blinker" Arm Military Truck *NEW* | eBay I also saw these at the Sussex show last saturday so I know they are real. I just dont know what truck it is from to find the steering wheel to go with it and to see if it will fit my M816. Thanks
I have one of them on my deuce and yes its auto canceling just have to mount it high and fab a tab on the back side of the wheel to click the auto cancel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks