• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Automatic Battery Disconnect

Stonewall

I know there was a post a year ago or so that had a link to an automatic battery disconnect switch for 24V systems. It disconnected when voltage dropped to something like 23 volts. It also had a key fob to disconnect. I searched but could not find it. Anyone have a source or a link? Also, has anyone used one? Any issues?

Stonewall

Found it. Please delete post if you want. For those who are curious.

Battery Brain Gold - just use and internet search to find them.

kapkanimd

Interesting product so I decided to pick up the 24v Heavy Duty one. I am going to install it in the battery compartment area and use it as anti-theft device. However, how are people securing the battery compartment? Otherwise they can just open it and override or bypass anything to put on. Thanks in advance.

MaverickH1

Are you talking about this:

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Prog...1476037353&sr=8-1&keywords=battery+brain+gold

Has anyone used it successfully in a Humvee? There are a few things that stand out to me:

1) "This model is for 6V-24V SINGLE battery vehicles..."
2) Another website says "For use on secondary or auxiliary batteries that are not used for starting."
3) It says that it is not water proof.

I'm assuming a Humvee battery compartment IS waterproof so #3 is irrelevant. Is that true?

Seems like an awesome idea. I'd love a passive system like that instead of a manual key.

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are not a Key Fob type of driver:
INTELLITEC 24 VOLT BATTERY DISCONNECT RELAY 01-00055-008

Chief_919

If you just want a cutofff as an anti theft/battery drain measure it is hard to be the Caterpillar battery switches. Same ones as used in all Cat equipment and they are keyed so people can't just switch them.

I had a lot of or M998's and M1114's in Afghanistan wired with them on the battery box. Ended a lot of unauthorized use and dead batteries from commo items or ECM left on.

http://amzn.to/2dCnTfp

kapkanimd

I believe it is set to disable to after the car is turned on. I didnt get to install it yet, but I briefly glanced at the instructions and it said something to this effect.

kapkanimd

I know a lot of people have installed something like this, so for those who have, how are you securing the battery compartment to prevent someone from just manually over-riding or bypassing a switch? Is there a common lockable latch or do you just buy something at the hardware store?

Thanks in advance.

kapkanimd

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. It's in a garage at home. This is being used for security while out. I might be uninformed but I can't imagine moving the batteries is a real thing.

Behr

I wouldn't worry about securing the battery compartment. First, the theif would have to know where the batteries are. Second, they would have to figure out how to bypass the switch. If they already know these things they really want your truck and a lock is the easiest thing for a theif to overcome. A few anti-theft devices will keep 99% of the theif out, mainly dumb kids. Can't stop a pro.

Action

if you just disconnect the batteries, it can be rolled away.
Turn the wheel and use the steering wheel lock and even if it gets started, it can only go in a circle.
Or, if you want to get in the battery compartment every time you get in,...just take the short jumper cable with you.
If someone wants this bad enough, they will get it no matter what you do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks