• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Automatic Trans?

Pappa-G

:confused: I have seen A few listed at DRMO but they carried an additional identifier (though I cant remember what it is an "E" or "X") I had heard to stay away from them due to there limited production. You know the story : "A better idea that wasn't." :idea: Has any one else made one or adapted an auto or fitted an overdrive unit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Something to lower engine rpm at 50mph. Taller tires, even if I switch to singles would cost over $600. I'm not cheap, just not wastefull :eyes: (TIGHT). Any insite would be appreciated. ~ Pappa-G

spicergear

Anyone slap in an Aux-box? I've seen some auxillary transmission, Spicer has a couple with great ratios, that would swap in with the T-case moved back a lil. Another under drive, an overdrive too. Not bad.

hot rod deuce

if anyone is interested in a 4 speed direct allison auto i have one that will bolt to the samller pattern on a multi fuel but you will need to figure out he converter. its an allison AT 545 from behind my 5.9 cummins. as for an overdrive im workin or a 2 speed rearend. the plan is to take out the carier and use the reduction as an inline transmision. should be about a foot long and fairly light.

yeager1

I have a 4 speed aux box with 2 under, 1 direct, and 1 over, but it's nearly 18" long and I don't know if it will fit, but a 20 spd would be sweet. [^]

hot rod deuce

yeah but a couple might over lap though. and dont forget that that extra box taked like 13% more power and its not like we have the most efficent trucks around to begin with. Im looking for about a 600 Lb. class 18 speed or maybe a 13 but the d@** OD makes them so high priced