• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Automatic transmission temperature

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My xm757 comes with a "dummy" light for transmission overheat warning and I'd like to replace it with a gauge.
A "transmission temp" gauge has a 160 to 320 °F range from what I understand, but I would rather use a regular MS24543-2 coolant temp gauge with a 120 to 240 range for better resolution and I already have a sending unit for it...
Question, how often would the temp get above 240? (The warning indicator is set for 305°F).
TIA

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
in the m939 series the trans temp sender is the same part # as the water temp sender. Different gauges but the sender is the same nsn for each gauge.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No because the sending unit works the same way. It doesn't know oil or water just temp and converts it to an electric signal to the gauge. I am sure the electrical folks can explain the resistance thing on how it specifically works.

Same thing for civilian gauges I use to sell at NAPA that were vdo or stewart warner. I think stewart warner is who makes the military gauges.

162tcat

Location of the trans sending unit on the m939?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Easy there bud, one post is more than enough. You can also download the Technical Manuals or "TMs" as they are often referred to. Multiple posts on the same question are not helpful and just clutter things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TEAMJENSEN

I was able to find with your help the sending unit and now have the transmission temp reading correctly. I appreciate the help and the picture was very helpful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks