• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aux Fuel - Scepter Cans - Goodness!

rogpike

Well I just ordered a pair of these. Supposed to be brand new. I just clicked and turned my head...pricey! Now I have to find two spouts. I have a fuel pickup assembly on its way.

I realize a 55 gallon drum is better and cheaper....but I wanted a few of these cans just because they are cool and I can finally stop using those dreaded EPA cans that I hate so much.

Anyone know a good source for spouts other than making my own?

Bmxenbrett

Those LCI water jugs can be had directly from the company for $25 shipped. I use them for water and i can say they are wonderfull.

For fuel i cant see spending upwards of $50 for a gas can. If you hate the CARB compliant ones like me just buy the VP racing fuel cans. They sell them in OD green if thats what your looking for.
https://pitstopusa.com/i-5083919-vp-racing-fuels-square-5-gallon-motorsports-container-purple.html
I think with shipping there like $31 on amazon, a bit cheaper than this link.

Lci water jugs
http://buylci.com/ItemDisplayF.aspx?D1=WATER-CAN-DESERT-TAN--5GAL&ItemID=906396

Bmxenbrett

Those LCI water jugs can be had directly from the company for $25 shipped. I use them for water and i can say they are wonderfull.

For fuel i cant see spending upwards of $50 for a gas can. If you hate the CARB compliant ones like me just buy the VP racing fuel cans. They sell them in OD green if thats what your looking for.
https://pitstopusa.com/i-5083919-vp-racing-fuels-square-5-gallon-motorsports-container-purple.html
I think with shipping there like $31 on amazon, a bit cheaper than this link.

Lci water jugs
http://buylci.com/ItemDisplayF.aspx?D1=WATER-CAN-DESERT-TAN--5GAL&ItemID=906396

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

There is a difference.

A water can is just that... a water can. The opening is the wrong size.

A Sceptre MFC works with the fuel container adapter. The fuel container adapter works with the Sceptre MFC 5 gallon, and a 55 gallon barrel.
fuel can adapter.jpgadapter in MFC.jpgaux fuel line.jpg

rogpike

Howdy,

There is a difference.

A water can is just that... a water can. The opening is the wrong size.

A Sceptre MFC works with the fuel container adapter. The fuel container adapter works with the Sceptre MFC 5 gallon, and a 55 gallon barrel.
View attachment 702386View attachment 702387View attachment 702388
Yes sir, that is what I have coming. They are pretty expensive but I don't think I'll ever have to purchase another one again….lifetime fuel cans.

rogpike

So in addition to my fuel pickup tube I ordered to use on a 55 gallon drum or the Scepter Military Fuel Can (MFC), I ordered a couple ez pour spout adapters that work with the Scepter MFC. I will report back my findings. So far the least expensive new diesel high flow spout I can find for my new cans are around $53 bucks a piece. If these work fine like I have been reading they do, I might forgo the OEM Scepter Fuel Spouts and just use the EZ Pour adapter and spouts.

Edit: P.S. I converted one of those dreaded EPA regular homeowner fuel cans with the EZ pour spout kit and WOW, sooooo much better....how did I miss these things were available! Fueling my equipment all these years with horrible gas cans!

Last edited:

Chrispyny

Anyone else confused as to why one would bother using the aux adaptor on a 5 gal sceptor fuel can? I mean, if i have 5 gals of diesel in a sceptor fuel can, why wouldn't i just go ahead and pour it into the genset? I mean, maybe in wartime duress things are different, but i myself would never bother. Either get a 30 or 50 gal drum for your diesel, or just pour the 5 gals i to your genset! Amirite? :-|

snowtrac nome

I use the can and adaptor on my lister gen set which has no set tank, but I also have a few spouts both new style and old style. When filling unleaded tanks or commercial equipment like Honda engines, I prefer the texas credit card so I don't have to support a heavy fuel can while pouring through a dinky spout.

rogpike

Anyone else confused as to why one would bother using the aux adaptor on a 5 gal sceptor fuel can? I mean, if i have 5 gals of diesel in a sceptor fuel can, why wouldn't i just go ahead and pour it into the genset? I mean, maybe in wartime duress things are different, but i myself would never bother. Either get a 30 or 50 gal drum for your diesel, or just pour the 5 gals i to your genset! Amirite? :-|
You must not work and have a job....or something. I have a wife and small child at home. The scepter 5 gallon tank allows up to 5-10 more hours between fill ups using a big genset or much longer with a small genset like an 831a. Let me know if you would like some more answers outside of battle while one might use it that way....

Last edited:

Chainbreaker

Its a convenience factor as well as an extended run time factor. If your day tank is full and you attach a Jerry can with adaptor & hose the genset takes care of itself once it gets down to 1/4 tank. You don't have to go out and check on it to see when its low and pour in fuel yourself. Very handy to have if you don't have a big aux tank.

Guyfang

Staff member
Be warned! The plastic lid, when screwed down TOO TIGHT, will crack and spill fuel all over your boots. Ask me how I know. Three times. Just don't be Man Mountain Dean when you screw them down. If you just use enough froce to get it tight, it will indeed last a lifetime. Try to not leave them out in the sun for ages.

Chrispyny

You must not work and have a job....or something. I have a wife and small child at home. The scepter 5 gallon tank allows up to 5-10 more hours between fill ups using a big genset or much longer with a small genset like an 831a. Let me know if you would like some more answers outside of battle while one might use it that way....
Uhhhhhh.......huh?...

Man are you serious? You do realize it was a simple observation/comment/personal belief right? You shouldn't take some things so seriously. But i bet you have been told that many times before.

On this forum, we bounce thoughts and ideas off eachother, many times in candid frankness. So, in the great words of Sgt. Hulka...

Lighten up Francis.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Because the generator is already full. :burn:

Guyfang

Staff member
The Ssepter adapter is also great, if you have a diesel fired heater. You can even get a stand to put the fuel can, and it gravity feeds.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't much care for the scepter donkey appendages. Not only do they crack, the hose falls off. GI metal ones are much better in my opinion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks