• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auxiliary valve leak

Antonio Pena

May all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! My MEP804B is back to life producing power. Now I'm having problems with the auxiliary vale leaking at the tank, I've replaced it with an aftermarket or
equal EBAY tank well nut item (43 figure 15) from manual, unfraternally it still leaks! How do I install this? Do I put RTV on well nut and threads? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,

Ray70

Did it leak right away? or did it start leaking a few days / week after you installed it?
You should not have to use any silicone or anything on it.
If you purchased a cheap $5 Chloroprene well nut and not a Buna or Viton one, diesel fuel can destroy it in a matter of days.
If you got the good one you just push it into the hole and snug up the nut to the correct torque. no sealer required.
Unless you overtightened it and split the rubber or something.....

Antonio Pena

Did it leak right away? or did it start leaking a few days / week after you installed it?
You should not have to use any silicone or anything on it.
If you purchased a cheap $5 Chloroprene well nut and not a Buna or Viton one, diesel fuel can destroy it in a matter of days.
If you got the good one you just push it into the hole and snug up the nut to the correct torque. no sealer required.
Unless you overtightened it and split the rubber or something.....
Yes it leaked right away, I’m going to try a different well nut see attached, the torque that
I found is 40 inch pounds let me see what happens I’ll keep you posted thank you for the response.

Attachments

dav5

Yes it leaked right away, I’m going to try a different well nut see attached, the torque that
I found is 40 inch pounds let me see what happens I’ll keep you posted thank you for the response.
The OEM well nuts are a huge PITA. You will save yourself future grief if you follow the advice in the "ultimate well nut repair" by Boatman 69 and buy the brass fitting that he recommends.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks