• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

average fuel mileage of MB/GPW?

Monster Man

looking to aquire a flatfender, but I need to justify it through "fuel mileage", yeah, that's the reason I'm getting it. So what do you guys see with a stock engine? God, it's gotta be better than what I'm getting in my truck

Todd Haley

[color=blue>Hi]
<FONT face=System color=#0000ff> Well, straight out of the GPW book it say's "Miles per gallon, high gear, high range, is 20 under average conditions". Who knows what they mean by "average" I'd say expect about 14 or 15 at 40-45 miles per hour. Good luck and let us know what ya get! [thumbzup] [/color]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of them I see get really good mileage. Some get many hundred miles per gallon. Of course i have no idea whta the mileage is on the vehicle pulling the trailer.

Monster Man

Recovry4x4 said:
Most of them I see get really good mileage. Some get many hundred miles per gallon. Of course i have no idea whta the mileage is on the vehicle pulling the trailer.
[^] true, so true

actually, at that show last weekend a couple old guys drove up in their GPW. Quite a cool little vehicle and you could tell it was a driver. That's what I want. I'm on the lookout for a basket case- something with a decent frame and title but a bad body. My bro and I have an excercise in lightening on our mind- make a ton of the panels out of aluminum. How much you think that would weigh when it's done? 1500 pounds? Should be interesting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks