• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Avoid mixed fuel fines....

TexAndy

Yup.

NC Motor Carrier Enforcement will dip your tanks if you run around here long enough. They love to show up at places like livestock auctions, equipment auctions, etc where lots of diesel trucks may gather and walk the lot dipping tanks.

I had my pickup dipped once. I was filling 10 jerrycans with off road fuel for use in generators, and the officer saw me at the pump and came up and dipped my tank.

If I lived there, I'd get a lock for my fuel cap and use it.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they can swab the stack too, or pull filters.

All I'm saying WM, is if you have the FREE license, it doesn't matter one way or the other if they pull you- you are in the clear. Think of it like your insurance card- hope you don't need it but if you do it is there.

Monroe V.F.D. 514

were kinda of getting off topic... but all of you make a good point. and if they can swab the stack and pull filters then if u have the free mixing license all you would have to do if fill out a form that u used a tank of mixed fuel and pay the taxes for it and ur clear as far as them checking the stack and the filters. and as for the original topic it would show u always having a clean tank if you do get dipped...

first off im this is for educational purposes only... and i dont know if this breaks any laws and i dont support breaking any laws. but for all the people that are getting the tanks dipped just because they have a black color to them from mixing WMO y not just install a secondary tank with a regulated pump and pump the wmo into a small mixing tank before it is sent to the engine it would b some work and possible illegal in most if not all states but would keep you from getting tickets just for having your tank dipped for off road diesel. just an idea.

again im not telling u to break the law. just an idea to always have a clean fuel tank.

Hammer

Actually, the returned fuel still goes back to the main tank. So even putting in the WMO in the system before the IP doesn't help.
ONLY way to get away from that is to have a secondary injection system. And that just isn't going to happen.

wdbtchr

my understanding is that a mixers liscence is free and you just have to log your fuel usage and pay a menial tax on it. while that may be annoying it's a **** of a lot better than the fines.

my only problem is that I've searched and searched and i can not for the life of me find out where to apply to get one in maryland.
The last time I checked here in MO they called it a Mixers License and charged $75 a year and didn't require records be kept. This was a couple of years ago, I decided not to bother because I only use my vehicles off road anyway.:roll:2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks