• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

aw crap....One project turns into many....About normal

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,in my tear down of my trucks engine to replace all the accessable gaskets I found I won't be able to remove the injector lines intact.The Nut Cups :roll: were rotten and now a couple lines have rusted to the nuts.When trying to bust one lose,the entire line and nut was turning.Figure too,while I have the truck apart for this I might as well drop my new injectors in(brand new).This got me to thinking....heck,why not go all the way.Does the Hydro head just split the fuel to the injectors or is the actual High pressure pump part of the IP?

On a sick note.... :twisted:

thinking of custom detailing the engine a little....wonder what Neon Green Valve covers,filter cans,turbo pipes,etc would look like?or maybe hugger orange or Plum Crazy(just for you clinto!).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ft, you saying one project turns into many, sounds like my projects

FreightTrain

Banned
uhhhh,No.Don't want to make it look like a A3....if I had a way to pull the entire engine maybe give it a coat of John Deere green and really have people wondering at shows......Wonder how well those Stainless Braid wanna be sleeves hold up.Maybe cover all the hoses and lines with it to give it that Muscle car look(Not-Externally the truck is gonna look Military but pop the hood hidden under it is a dressed out engine.Key term...HIDDEN!

carguy455

Heck, if your going that route, have some accesories chromed...total waste of money but if your going for the "cruise in showcar engine compartment " look then why not ??? :lol:

OD_Coyote

FreightTrain said:
thinking of custom detailing the engine a little....wonder what Neon Green Valve covers,filter cans,turbo pipes,etc would look like?or maybe hugger orange or Plum Crazy(just for you clinto!).
How about going with Red, White and Blue for a patriotic look??

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FreightTrain said:

On a sick note.... :twisted:

OPCOM posted before:

NO!

NO chrome, (any chromed items must be painted some kind of OD)

no curb feelers,

no spinners,

no little jiggelty doo-dads, bobble heads, plastic hula girls, gold plastic crown air fresheners in the back window or on that 2" deep dash,

no colorful neon underneath,

no neon license plate holders (where applicable)

no boom stereo
(perhaps a police type PA /siren/air horn system would be nice)
-(especially if connected to an 8-track with country/redneck/deliverance/apocalypse now music)

no dingleballs, weatherproof or not.

no red velvet, blue suede, or other zoot.

no curtains, plain, frilly, hearse, or otherwise

no conchos, special edition badges, chandeliers on the fenders (ala prince of new york's caddilac)

no fuzzy dice (someone did do that.. oh well), CDROMs, or dollar sign air fresheners hanging in cab. I LIKE the smell.
(MV drivers lean in toward the midle of the vehicle becaise they like the smell, not because they think the smell is coming from outside)

no yellow/brown, black/pink, lime green/pink, metallic etc.. paint color schemes

no strobes that pulsate to the music
(red/amber/blue convoy or warning strobes OK where permitted by law)

no blazer axles

=====

stop the madness!

carguy455

Uhm...so was I "bad" that I had a 12v tap on my Stude' hooked up to a CD player and a set of KLH's with a sub ? Nickleback and Pantera sounded awsome while Duece'in it. Listen to some 60's stuff as well, had flashbacks to all those Vietnam movies of the late 80's early 90's. I personally thought there was nothing better than listening to "Cowboys from He**" while driving it [ the one line "we're takin over this town..."