• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle bearing question

iatractor

Our county emergency management agency recently acquired some sort of a surplus 6x6 truck. They don't know if it is an M35A2, M35A3, or an M900 series and I haven't seen it yet to know what they have. Anyway I'm going to go give them a brief rundown of things to look for, check, and simple operation of the truck since I was the only one in the county that owns a deuce or a surplus 6x6 for that matter. So my question is if the truck is an A3 or 900 series, are the axle bearing configured the same way as my A2 running in grease or do they run in oil like a commercial truck? Apparently they also got some huge generator out of DRMO too. So I'm kind of interested to see what they have.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
All of the M44, M39, M809 and M939 series are greased, not oil bath. Same basic system, although the M44A3 and M939A2 CTIS complicates it.

iatractor

Thanks for the information. I'll let you know what truck they have. That will give me some more info to throw at them. Basically I'm going to show them how to do things like read the data plates, basic info on cab controls that are quasi-universal to military vehicles, all the things that I've learned with my mv. Maybe go over the tech manuals or show them where to get this information.

iatractor

Well, the emergency management has an M932. Assuming that is what it is, single tires all the way around, drop side box, no CTIS. Very good condition. Funny thing is it didn't need jump started, just to turn on the power. That is a whole other story.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks