• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle Ratios for the M1028 & M1031: Same or Different?

donald_r

I picked up a stock, low mileage M1031 Contact Service Body truck this month.

The first thing I noticed is while driving at 55 mph the engine seems to be screaming.

The 1028a1 is supposed to have the same axle ratios, yet my stock 1028a1 unit can go 60 mph, even 65 for a short burst without the same screaming engine noises.

I spoke with Alex over at IdahoMotorPool.com, about this issue, and he said he also noticed this issue with all the ones he has received and sold over the years. He thought the axle ratios were NOT the same for the two vehicles.

My questions are:

What do you guys know about this issue?

Have you experienced it?

Are the ratios different for the two vehicles, and if so, is it documented somewhere?

Don
Boise, Id.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be checking for a loose air filter housing. When these get loose they sound like they are sucking the hood in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks