• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle Swap!!

Section8

Hello, I'm new to the site, so if this has been asked before I apologize for bringing up old wounds. I am looking to purchase and bob an M-135, up here in Canada, then swap out the bango style axles for the rockwells of a M35A2. Also have thought about putting those new gears that are avalible on the after market, 4.90:1 instead of keeping it at 6.77:1.
Has anybody considered this in the past or have any thoughts on it!

Section8

The only company that I have found who makes them is call Ouverson Engineering and Machining. They have ^.72:1 sets for $1000 and the 4.90:1 set for $1,200 american dollars.
More expensive for me since I am Canadian.

m5040

And the M135 has torque rods that position the axle, the M35 uses the leaf springs. What is wrong with the stock axles? Only the ratio ?

Section8

Some say the banjo axles aren't as strong as the rockwell axles. Plus I am not familliar enough with the M135 to figure out how to get better milage out of the truck, besides bigger tires. I want to basically put a whole diff drive train into the truck for better reliability and function. I don't know if I am even thinking this is possible or it has as much hope as a fart in the wind.

Westech

CPL
well I am kinda doing that with my M211. I have a set of M35 axles and installing a air shift T-case. really you have to use everything from the donor frame. Mounts, springs all that, even have to change the air pack to M35.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks