• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle Vents

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cant see that much cooling going on when you just crossed a creek or small lake. I would think the pressure would still be there and aid the seals. Now if it was real hot and you went swimming for the day I could see the cooling thing maybe. For every foot of water we go there is and increase of pressure in fresh water of 0.432.

You will get water in there especially if you get stuck in it. Ask me how I know,aua luckily it was only the steer axle so I only had to change out the fluid in that axle.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You shure it was not something else like you boot or a bad vent. Also would seem that the two yoke shafts seals could be a place where water could enter if there were extened time under water. Im not saying not to run an extened line I just would put the pressure cap on the end. One would think if you were to remain in the water then deep water fording kit to include the axles and transfer then pray or be ready for a fluid change.. I also think we push these trucks to points where they were realy not ment to be. Yes they will run under water with a diver in scuba gear but at what price.

Last edited:

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok well, I got the filter for it today. I went with the K&N style filter and had to add a little larger fuel line over my 1/4" air conditioning line to get it to work. I put a few hose clamps on to make sure it will stay on and am glad I finished doing this to the duece. Now I need another afternoon and do it to my 5 ton also. Thanks for all the info and help!

ToddJK

Ok well, I got the filter for it today. I went with the K&N style filter and had to add a little larger fuel line over my 1/4" air conditioning line to get it to work. I put a few hose clamps on to make sure it will stay on and am glad I finished doing this to the duece. Now I need another afternoon and do it to my 5 ton also. Thanks for all the info and help!
It's an old thread, but how did adding the vent lines work out? I'm thinking of doing the same to my deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks