• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

axles done, time for a road test

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went thru the one hot axle, loosened the brakes, re-bled the brakes (much better). Time for some road work. The axle is still a bit hotter than the other 3 rears but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be ok. It coasts nicely w/o the wheels.

Attachments

Hey Big Mike,
Proof is in the pudding - first big joy ride! :driver: :beer: :jumpin:

Temecula, right?
It looks like it.
I like how you are far enough away from the neighbors so there's no "Grey Poupon" instances. Time for a Gun Ring and a few bursts to scare the jack rabbits into submission. :lol:

I am almost done getting my deuce road ready, acquiring insurance, and just dying for a road trip. I'll book a road trip down to your neck of the woods and grab Will Wagner for a how-ya-doin' and reindeer roundup.

Edit: Wife just came in and noticed your pictures. Says she recognizes the area thinks you're close to the golf course? She's lived in Lake Elsinore and Riverside.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked this place when I transfered down specifically for the seclusion. As I'm haulin' ass down the road I got nothing but thumbs up and waves!

You guys coming down for some off roadin' and grillin' sounds like a good idea. I'll supply the cow!

I'll be off to the the title office with my SF-97 w/in the next couple of weeks then I'll be ready for an OHV road trip.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sounds like fun. Ive got the same dent on my bed above the spare tire, that dent seems common. Did your truck come out of Barstow? Thats where I got mine and it had velcro patches all over the body like yours.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang it ! I want to live in Az too! Lookin' good there Bigmike! I like the scenery.( kinda like the Forbidden Zone in the Planet Of The Apes)

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Djfreema said:
Sounds like fun. Ive got the same dent on my bed above the spare tire, that dent seems common. Did your truck come out of Barstow? Thats where I got mine and it had velcro patches all over the body like yours.
Yea, mine is a Barstow truck as well. Big dent in bed and vecro all over it. The dent is from being forklifted. The velcro is because they put targets on it and shot at it with lasers.

I'm gonna cut and weld a new piece to repair the dent. I'm gonna try to heat and bend back a good sized smash on the passenger's side. I've got a new passenger fender, new tool box, new steps etc. Next is to drop the battery box and step and straighten it out. Notice the primer on the hinges...new ones...WOW what a difference! Doors close easily now...used to have to slam them to get them to shut.

Man I'm havin' a field day working on this beast!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SWEET Mike! Nice lookin truck. I gotta do the sprag in mine so I can come visit you!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will,

Come on down. Remember theres a guy down the road with 40 acres who needs us to create some dirt bike trails for him using the deuces.[thumbzup]

Don't forget me regarding the engine scoop.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey we should come out there with our dueces and dirt bikes and have a day in the dirt. Only problem for me is no weekends off right now. Where are you located Mike? Doesnt look like LA, kinda looks like the hills around Simi Valley.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dj,

I'm in Temecula right now. I also stay in L.A. A day in the dirt sounds good. We should go to Anza and/or surrounding areas to have more room to play.

Thanks mhb285 Mike.

I just hung up the phone from the person Will Wagner uses/suggested.
It's all tightened up. I am going driving!! :jumpin:
Thanks Will...........again. Now I can really participate. Big Mike's "reindeer roast and bike crash" is getting to be more of a reality than ever.....if only I didn't sell my CR500 :cry:

I'll have to make some stickers/decals to honor the occasion.