• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axles?

Baloo

G'day everyone, got a question. So I don't own an amazing deuce and half, I have an international 4700 expedition camper tyot vehicle. My truck has 6 lug budd wheels (Same pattern as M35A3). I have Canadian MLVW wheels and 43" tires. Very happy with the truck, and have put over 100k miles on it over the past ten years. It is time for the next chapter, 4X4 conversion. because I have 6 lug budd's Deuce axles make the most sense to me. My question is there a good and bad option for them? Which ones to avoid, what is the best years? Rockwells or the older GM's? Thanks for the help!

Baloo

tobyS

Not sure what you are asking, but the deuce axle gearing is very high, like 6.72, so it's difficult to get safe highway speeds.
G'day everyone, got a question. So I don't own an amazing deuce and half, I have an international 4700 expedition camper tyot vehicle. My truck has 6 lug budd wheels (Same pattern as M35A3). I have Canadian MLVW wheels and 43" tires. Very happy with the truck, and have put over 100k miles on it over the past ten years. It is time for the next chapter, 4X4 conversion. because I have 6 lug budd's Deuce axles make the most sense to me. My question is there a good and bad option for them? Which ones to avoid, what is the best years? Rockwells or the older GM's? Thanks for the help!

Baloo
[/QUOTE

HDN

Yeah, unless you're in my M35A2..😂 Documented 90mph.
Lies! The speedometer only goes up to 60 MPH, so that's as fast as you can go! :LOL:

Too bad that doesn't work with law enforcement though...

"Do you know how fast you were going?"
"60 miles per hour, officer."
"I got you at 90, which is 35 over the limit."
"Wow, I didn't think I could go that fast! My speedometer only goes up to 60."🤷‍♂️

I would like to know your story though!

Jeepsinker

Lies! The speedometer only goes up to 60 MPH, so that's as fast as you can go! :LOL:

Too bad that doesn't work with law enforcement though...

"Do you know how fast you were going?"
"60 miles per hour, officer."
"I got you at 90, which is 35 over the limit."
"Wow, I didn't think I could go that fast! My speedometer only goes up to 60."🤷‍♂️

I would like to know your story though!
So here's a video of my first test drive after my Cummins swap. Bear in mind I also have a Waterloo overdrive kit and 11.00R20 G177s installed. I have also GPS verified a top speed of 89-90 mph but I don't have that on video. I don't want to hijack this thread, so this'll be my last post about this on this thread.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
because I have 6 lug budd's Deuce axles make the most sense to me. My question is there a good and bad option for them? Which ones to avoid, what is the best years? Rockwells or the older GM's? Thanks for the help!
my understanding is all M44-series deuce axles are the same regardless of year, 1951-up .. I do not know if the ones in the cat-powered A3's have anything different

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks