• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Azusa Canyon Run - Sunday 11/9/14

RustyM923

Heading up to azusa canyon (san Gabriel OHV area) tomorrow with some green steel.

Trailhead at 10 am
Shell station on azusa/210 fwy about 930-945am.

Anyone else?

Gunzy

I went there several times in '84-'85 when I was based at Norton AFB. That is one fun place to mess around at.

bogshotrods

Do you guys do this on a regular basis, I live in Big Bear and have an M932A2 and would love to hang out with other Big Tuck lovers , or maybe get you guys can come to Big Bear when we get some real snow, I know ALL of the roads here big enough for our trucks :lol:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
20141109_133011.jpgThis is my truck here. We sure had some fun. It's amazing what a few snatch blocks and a good winch truck can do.

bogshotrods

View attachment 527959This is my truck here. We sure had some fun. It's amazing what a few snatch blocks and a good winch truck can do.
OOOOPS I don't have a winch on mine but sure wish I did, there was a 923A2 next to mine in Barstool when I went there to do a prior inspection but unfortunately it wasn't part of that auction vent. I've looked at a Warn 24 volt 20,000 pound unit but it's a bit pricey. Got a question that I haven't researched yet, but what' up with the " do not use low range in reverse" thing. I heard it's bad on the torque converter but don't know why ?

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a winch on mine, but it did me no good. I had to be pulled out from the rear.

The whole thing with not putting it in reverse while in low is that you can break your transfer case. Lots of info here on it.

bogshotrods

Ok thanks, all I had heard is that you could blow the torque converter and that really didn't make much sense as the converter drives the tranny in either direction

bogshotrods

Cool videos, and quite a gathering of different rigs to help. Don't think I'll be ready to play in mud this weekend, have to replace right front steering knuckle boot and don't want to fill it with mud and don't thin I'll have time to fix it with COLD weather starting tonight. I have a nice shop here in Big Bear but no room to put Hugo ( trucks name as in Huge Old Truck) inside to change the boot, but post more pics and keep me in the loop and feel free to contact me direct for the next fun day. Don't do mud in my Bronco rock crawler but Hugo might be fun

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks