• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B-29 "Doc" Awarded New Airworthiness Certificate

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No that is how well planned and executed projects go wrong at the last minute. Too excited and taking risks.

Takes a special kind of mind to do it all right up to the very end and checking everything.

I myself fall victim to this too often.

One person on this site said it well. We do it right because we do it twice. I think it was a deuce engine rebuild thread.

Case like this one no second chances.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To bad the B-29 in Greenland, burned up.
There is another SS Thread dedicated to that disaster.....

Y'all might want to read up on what has already been discussed and move any conversation about it there, instead of here in the "Doc" thread.... Just to keep the forums clean and on topic.

Thanks

Wolfen

There is another SS Thread dedicated to that disaster.....

Y'all might want to read up on what has already been discussed and move any conversation about it there, instead of here in the "Doc" thread.... Just to keep the forums clean and on topic.

Thanks
Well escuse me for posting. Another Ahab, was not aware of those post, so I decided to help him out. Since you don't like me helping out fellow members, I will no longer comment on other peoples post. I hope this makes you happy.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well escuse me for posting. Another Ahab, was not aware of those post, so I decided to help him out. Since you don't like me helping out fellow members, I will no longer comment on other peoples post. I hope this makes you happy.
Wolfen,
Absolutely NO offense was intended by my request and comment.

PLEASE take the time to read up on the Kee Bird Disaster. You will find that it is a VERY CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC for many aviation enthusiasts. The content of the linked KEE BIRD Thread became at times just as impassioned as it was in dedicated aviation forums.
It is for that reason that as a Moderator here on the SS website, (AND the OP of both of these threads as well), that I RESPECTFULLY ASKED (with explanation) that the two conversations be kept to their own specific forums..... One being about the celebration of a successful milestone and the other being the sad story of a disastrous failure to bring another B-29 home.

Once again, no offense was intended. I sincerely hope that this further explanation will calm your reaction.
Peace, my friend.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks