• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B 29 Flight to Oshkosh

Heath_h49008

I got to get inside FiFi back in the 80's as a kid at the old High on Kalamazoo airshows. I love that bird.

They just re-engined her with r3350s out of the Skyraiders... the old engines were metal chewing monsters that liked to catch fire, but the later models had all the bugs worked out.

I hope to see her in person sometime. Thanks for the link!

Katahdin

Great video. Looks like they leak like a deuce! :)

I was always fascinated that the Soviets had the gall to reverse engineer the ones that were forced to land in the USSR. They even re-engineered the same engine fire problem.

Flyingvan911

I don't recall how much but the rides in FiFi are more expensive then other planes. It was here in Kansas City (actually Olathe) and I went to see it.

Lockheed used the 3350's in the Constellation and equipt them with a fire extinguishing system. I read it was the first plane to have an engine fire delibrately caused in flight to test the system. We have a L1049H (painted like a TWA G model) here. It is a beautiful plane.