• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B&M shift kit transmission question??

tourus

So week before x-mas lost the transmission in my truck 85 M1010. Backed out of drive way to plow it put in drive would not move at all. So pull out transmission rebuild it last week. finally got to put it in today got all put in went to test drive would not shift out of second. So my big question is has anybody put a B&M Shift kit in there trans. when I put it in I drill it out for street and strip application. so I was wondering if that might be why it wont shift up. wondering if just is not building enough pressure or something like that. I guess I am wondering if the kit is just to much for the application. Any in put would be great. If you all ask questions I will answer them as to help figure what is going on.:???: :???:

sandcobra164

Since the trans was rebuilt, it could be anything from a check ball being put in and incorrect position, a hole drilled in the separator plate in an incorrect location (not likely because back when I put a B&M shift kit in a car, they supplied a template that you laid directly on the plate) or the governor may be sticking. I'd check the governor first as it's pretty easy to access and I'd also make sure that your kickdown is not misadjusted. Just curious why you went with a shift kit. My M1028 shifts pretty harshly when upshifting and it's stock.

bigboy44

I was wondering if they made a kit for the 900 series trucks. I use to run them in my 3/4 ton pick ups and they worked great for the larger tires we use to run. I may have to look into them also. As sandcobra164 said they were very easy to install when I did it to mine.

Please keep us posted as to what you find causing the problem.

tourus

I installed the kit just to allow more pressure to the clutches and I like the firm shifting. I will keep up dated as to what I find. but it wont be for a few days the work thing gets in the way.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I parted a 1009 that had one of these kits installed in a fresh rebuild. I really liked the way it drove and shifted, so much that I kept the trans for eventual install in my 1009. If they are installed correctly in a operationaly correct tranny the results are really good.

tourus

SO I have been since I posted the start of this thread working and trying to figure out what the problem is. I have had the oil pan off several times. to double check things. I also removed the valve body to double check the balls. did not make a difference. so I took the B&M plate out went back to all stock still did not make a difference. but what I did find was the 1-2 shift valve that I had removed to clean the very first time did not go back together all the way. what I mean is the little plunger in the valve got cocked off side way's did not seat in all the way. Now every thing is great with the trans. only thing is it is all stock. but I may put the B&M plate back in at some point don't know yet. So any way that is what I found if any body really cares.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks