• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B- pillar support bracket for m1151a1

Smoking Joe

Can I use the brace in the photo with no holes instead of the proper one which i cant find?

I am not building out the turret. I'll put a lexan top up there that I can open eventually. It has a sheet metal cover up there for now. The b-pillar is not supported in the middle. From the TM, I need 2510015479918. Which is part 6 in the diagram. I posted a screenshot from a vendor...the one with holes. Which is unavailable and expensive.

My question;
I was going to use some steel angle I have to support the pillar structurally and leave it at that. I found this other part...do you think it would fit inside the b-pillar channel and I could just drill and bolt it. Pic included of brace with no holes (from a 998 maybe).

Lastly I took a picture of my b-pillar of my truck (with my hand in it).

Thanks.

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The black post is a structural support and the green cover is a not only a cover but connects the lower B-pillar support to the roof B-pillar.
I guess you can do anything you feel is justified.