• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Baby MRAP article

RANGEL_USAF

i know im a little late havent been on here since 08, but deployed in iraq right now, but i came out of MRAPU not to long ago and last i heard it was a contract with oshkosh, navstar & ( i could be worng on the last one) but northrop-grunnom sorry for the spelling. i know runds on TAKS Indp susp and version i saw was like air ride, cant remember the stats to be exact but was like around a foot or more drop/rise. basically it was a baby MATV but slightly bigger than a HMMWV

jholler

MATVs are quick and maneuverable, although still a little top heavy, and have much improved armor over ANY up-armored variant of the HMMWV. They won't take a blast as well as an RG-31 or a Buffalo, but much better than a Stryker will. They function well as guntrucks for convoy protection, but not well enough for Route Clearance. The air conditioner, however, kicks azz.;-)

UNIMOG-GUY

My company painted that rig for BAE. It was pretty cool they pay good too.

Shame they don't pay their own employees very well...:cry: They are know being lean cost cutting company.

They did, they are looking for FSR's for 215 a year...Mechanics are paying like 160 and up...I am trying to jump ship to them right now...
As in 215k and 160k? If that is the case what am I doing with my life???

Last edited: