• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back after being MIA (AWOL?)

JohnnyReb

Hi Fellas!!

Good to be back.

Prolonged absence probably requires an explanation:

Had a heart attack in '07 which caused me to be out of work for a while.
Financial challenges followed.

However, worse part was post-cardiac depression. It is a real condition but took a manly man (translation: hardheaded) like me a long time to admit to it!! Wasted a lot of time and life by ignoring it.

Lost interest in work, hobbies, people, obligations, etc. Have a wonderful family who stuck by me!!

Well, that is all in the past now!

Need to get on the boards and make some amends and check on some unfinished business. Gonna try and make things right.

Robb (JohnnyReb) Kiker

Srjeeper

Welcome back....

Glad ya pulled thru the Heart Attack and all that goes with it JR...settle in...stay a spell...one thing you'll notice...things have REALLY changed..[thumbzup]

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome back. I thought maybe you had moved to NY and become a Yankee fan. We missed you JohnnyReb and are glad you are well and back on the site with us MV addicts..

dikwks

Welcome back from a relative noob. I had to comment 'cause I'm feelin' ya with regard to the whole getting bummed out, and not wanting to do NOTHIN'. Glad to know your feeling better, it gives me hope.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hi Fellas!!
Good to be back.
Prolonged absence probably requires an explanation:
Had a heart attack in '07 which caused me to be out of work for a while.
Financial challenges followed.
However, worse part was post-cardiac depression. It is a real condition but took a manly man (translation: hardheaded) like me a long time to admit to it!! Wasted a lot of time and life by ignoring it.
Lost interest in work, hobbies, people, obligations, etc. Have a wonderful family who stuck by me!!
Well, that is all in the past now!
Need to get on the boards and make some amends and check on some unfinished business. Gonna try and make things right.
Robb (JohnnyReb) Kiker
Welcome back Bro!:beer:
I had a heart attack in 1983..not a real bad one...if there's such a thing...but yes...takes awhile to trust pushing yourself into super turbo overdrive.:D

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome back. I know what it's like to have a zipper in my chest............

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We're glad to see you again JR.

3dAngus

Welcome back. Been there with a 3 year illness. Makes you feel like you're not a REAL MAN anymore.

Now get your ass back to work. And send pictures.!

JohnnyReb

Guys, thanks for all the nice words....

dikwks.... hang in there.... lots of prayer and sometimes just get moving.. that can be the hardest part...

3rdAngus: Know what you mean but remember my Dad who died of a heart condition; went from 190lbs of muscle. to 125lbs of skin and bones.... but even after the change, I still saw "one ****'va man"! Not what you are but WHO you are!!

JohnnyReb

Guys, thanks for all the nice words....

dikwks.... hang in there.... lots of prayer and sometimes just get moving.. that can be the hardest part...

3rdAngus: Know what you mean but remember my Dad who died of a heart condition; went from 190lbs of muscle. to 125lbs of skin and bones.... but even after the change, I still saw "one ****'va man"! Not what you are but WHO you are!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks