• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Backhoe recovery with the M936A1

smittyjr355

Well I received a call this past weekend that a neighbor had put his backhoe into his pond. His is very lucky he got out of the machine because the cab was almost completely submerged under water. We attempted to get the machine out with to loaders but were only able to get the machine up right and could not get it the rest of the way out. I went home and grabbed the wrecker and attempted to just pull the backhoe out with a strap, but keep losing traction (even with the Detroit lockers)! I then got on some dry ground and hooked the rear winch to the backhoe, but without spades The wrecker couldn't hold traction so I hooked a loader to the front and was able to drag the machine out of the pond. Sorry for the lack of pictures as I was pretty occupied!

IMG_0146 (2).jpgIMG_0147 (2).JPGIMG_0148 (2).JPG

Last edited:

R Racing

Wow he is a lucky man!! It's funny how much the wreckers sit til you need them. Then there worth there weight in gold !!

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Good job. It's always better to have a wrecker and not need it that to need it and not have it.[thumbzup]

A while back a hired hand ran my tractor into a deep ditch.
It stayed upright but the teeter factor was high.
I couldn't get a straight line pull on it with either winch so I just slung loaded it and picked it up with the crane.
Ya gotta love Green Iron.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Just looking at a 2 wheel drive backhoe that close to slope, lose dirt and water send shivers down my spin. My backhoe is a JD 410g with 4 wheel drive, would not, could not do without it!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, I hate getting anywhere close to my "pond" as I know how deep it is.

Good recovery and hopefully nothing is hurt but his pride.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well hopefully your neighbour will have learnt a lesson so you won't have to acquire spades for the next time!

Will you be putting a little backhoe silhouette on the side of your door a-la WWII fighters and bombers?????

backhoe silhouette.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks