• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Backyard find

YankeeDuece

So I'm finally getting around to posting my most recent acquisitions.

I have been waiting for about 2 years for our town to have an auction on misc. equipment and 2 MV's. The trucks had to wait an amout of time before they could hit the auction block. The hardest part about the wait is trying to keep the secret, not easy.

The tractor was never used by the town and probally still had the same fuel in it from Uncle Sam. The wrecker was used to set catch basins and misc. lifting tasks around the garage. Both run but the wrecker has a hit-or-miss transfercase problem.

The auction was sealed bid and only 5 people were bidding on MV's. I think I did well as I left $600 on the table for both.

Recover pics. to follow.

Attachments

davidkroberts

ill give you 2000 for both, but only because i like you. I dont give deals like that to everybody:wink:

great finds, glad you didnt get outbid. thats a great price for two very nice trucks

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone finally beat Gimpy's steal of the century... Darn near free trucks, and a wrecker to boot!

Last edited:

YankeeDuece

The auction was sealed bid and only 5 people were bidding on MV's. I think I did well as I left $600 on the table for both.

[/quote]

I overpaid on a sealed bid combined $600. compared to the next closest bid.

I call the tractor paint scheme, "hidden behind an equipment shed" and the wrecker,"sandwiched between highway dump trucks orange. .

nk14zp

I overpaid on a sealed bid combined $600. compared to the next closest bid.

I call the tractor paint scheme, "hidden behind an equipment shed" and the wrecker,"sandwiched between highway dump trucks orange. .[/quote]
his bid was 600 more than the next guy

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice find! Nice Pelican sweeper in the backgruond. The orang has gotta go though :wink:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why is everyone so down on the orange? I don't see the problem here.
Signed,
Mr Yellow Wrecker