• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad accessory switch?

Flatlander

Hmmmm....my deuce won't start, batteries are good, 24 volts at the starter, when I turn the accessory switch on, I don't hear the fuel pump running and no lights or any dash lights or air alarm.

These switches ever go bad? I haven't pulled it yet to check it. Anything I could be missing before I get into the dash?

Thanks, guys!

ida34

Check behind the engine on the firewall. There is a spot that cuts into the harness if not protected. My truck had it cut and ground out. When it shorted to ground it burned apart. Some GL just twisted the wires together and put tape on it. Needless to say it rubbed through and grounded again. I was on the road when I lost all electrical power like you describe. The wire in question provides power to the switch if I remember right. I had to splice in some new wire then I put some flexible auto wire conduit around it to protect it. This may be your problem.

FSBruva

The newest -20 manual also has a great flowchart thingy that step by step outlines what to test, how to test it, and what conclusions you can draw. It is ESPECIALLY helpful with diagnosing troublesome electrical issues. It helped me figure out that my batteries were dying because my alternator's diode plates were burned up. A must-have, in my book.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks