• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Bill for Title Military Surplus Off Road Moves to Virginia Senate

Crider281

NOW! I get an email saying vdot will no longer accept my mv for snow removal.3 5 tons 1 1083 . They have been tagged insured and inspected for approx. 4 years now. From what I here its the state police that's fighting us on this. Looks like I may be out approx 140.000 in equipment. Not to mention all drivers out of work. Im going to write VDOT a letter hoping this will help. I thought I would have been grandfathered in.:cookoo:
What's your status on this?

Ultra Mag

When you let the Government dictate how, where and how long you may use your own legally purchased property, they you don't really own it anymore. We all know these trucks are built tougher than most of the hybrids and other vehicles on the lots today. So what, it didn't come from the factory or depot with a tag light or backup lights, a 5 minute fix.

And then letting your right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness be dependent on whether the Policeman feels like whether to do his job or not is never a good thing either. Even in a day when state/local governments are picking and choosing which laws to obey or enforce, what is really happening is The Man deciding whom shall be made criminals on a daily basis with the attached punishments and reductions in civil liberties.

Now we have a Brother being deprived of his income and ability to employ other law abiding taxpayers, without due process or fair compensation, a violation of his 14th Amendment Rights.

Ultra Mag

Very well said. Had to wright VADOT 4 page letter to explain new law that I was granfatherd in. Guess state police forgot to tell them the law. But anyway im all signed up tags, inspections went good . Went out on standby last weak for 8 hrs 4 trucks. Who knows what next year will be like.

Reactions: cwc

Another Ahab

Virginia has gone over to the dark side.
The Law (capitalized) is never fixed.

Nothing in this world really is ever fixed.

Well except Taxes, and Death, as someone once pointed out (Samuel Clemons?).

The Law, in a way, is like the needle on a gauge:

- It can jump around, while seeking a sweet spot

So, if you're willing to do the labor and make your case and seek the consensus with those who oppose you, you CAN move the needle.

History is full of examples:

- Remember the Aztecs?

They used to carve the heart out of living sacrificial victims to appease God.

That program is not subscribed to so much anymore. The needle moved.

Nothing stays the same (much). The needle is always moving.

Crider281

So, if you're willing to do the labor and make your case and seek the consensus with those who oppose you, you CAN move the needle.

- Remember the Aztecs?

Very true..

pclausen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm very close to picking up a M817 and I live in Virginia. I'm sort of OK with the MSMV restrictions as the only time I need to take the M817 on the road, is to pick up a few 10ton loads of gravel at the quarry about 15 miles away a few times a year. I don't know how hard they would bust my balls in the unlikely event I get pulled over with a load? Outside of that, I'll be mostly just hauling dirt around on my place.

Also, I'm having a really hard time finding someone that will insure the M817. Anyone have some agents they can recommend?

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter

- Remember the Aztecs?

All of that doesn't change the fact that Virginia has become a suburb of DC. Presently, and for the foreseeable future, Virginia will continue to be a Liberal stronghold ruled by reprobates. In other words, Virginia has gone over to the dark side.

Makes me ill, and I don't even live there.

L1A1

When I moved to Va back in 1992 you could walk into the DMV with a hand written BOS for an MV and come out with a title. That all changed after 9/11 . After that,, they only do title for title so all those old MVs sitting on some farmer's land w/ no titles are just a source of spares for someone's resto project. It's certainly gotten worse in other ways as well.

Matt

Another Ahab

In other words, Virginia has gone over to the dark side.

Makes me ill, and I don't even live there.
My mother grew up in Paris, France.

She was 17 when the German Wehrmacht took over her home.

She lived through (4) years of the dark side (1940-1944).

What you call the dark side is relative.

You are upset.

It is how you feel.

I do not doubt your feelings.

I learned a little about the dark side from my mom (those very few and rare moments she would talk about living under Nazi Occupation).

She preferred not to talk about it (and remember).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks