• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad choice Heater Core

edpdx

Was passing the Napa in my area and stopped in to get a heater core. I asked to look at it first ($27). The box say made in china. And the part looks like they made it from stolen Airstream trailers. The aluminum is weak looking and the soldered joints look as if they rodded out a used one and shot it with silver paint. No kidding, it is the worst looking quality.

I am not saying bad things about Napa, just advising you all to be wery wary of the Chinese junk that is infiltrating our last hold-out parts stores.

Someone please tell me they know where I can get a decent one.

Ed

CUCV85

Was passing the Napa in my area and stopped in to get a heater core. I asked to look at it first ($27). The box say made in china. And the part looks like they made it from stolen Airstream trailers. The aluminum is weak looking and the soldered joints look as if they rodded out a used one and shot it with silver paint. No kidding, it is the worst looking quality.

I am not saying bad things about Napa, just advising you all to be wery wary of the Chinese junk that is infiltrating our last hold-out parts stores.

ADVANCE AUTO PARTS
[URL="http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Heater-Core-Ready-Aire_5890292-P_524_R|GRPCOOLAMS_987894614___"]Ready-Aire Heater Core

Part No. 399079

Warranty: LIMITED LIFETIME REPLACEMENT

W/O AC

Check store
availability

Ship to Home

$24.99

I just installed the one from advance Not real happy with it i had to bend my brackets to hold it in place it was almost to short im gonna try and get my old one fixed but if not does any one have an orginal PArt number for the heater core i cant seem to find one i have looked throught the tms and parts manuals i couldnt find it

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...does any one have an orginal PArt number for the heater core i cant seem to find one i have looked throught the tms and parts manuals i couldnt find it
Where did you look? I found it in just a few seconds....:grin:

TM 9-2320-289-20p, figure 205, page 445 of 724, Item #4

GM 3027247

Attachments

CUCV85

I just installed the one from advance Not real happy with it i had to bend my brackets to hold it in place it was almost to short im gonna try and get my old one fixed but if not does any one have an orginal PArt number for the heater core i cant seem to find one i have looked throught the tms and parts manuals i couldnt find it
I've installed 3 from AAP with no issues.
Their are 2 to choose from, one is shaped differently.
sorry bout your bad luck...

Doc Bingo

I made the mistake of picking up the 27 dollar one from CSK o'reily auto parts. I installed it in a flash :confused:and i guess I actually expected it to work. Went out the next morning at 5 am started my truck go down the street a ways and started freezing my a$$ off ... D@m thing doesn't leak but it also doesnt blow much more then warm air. Good thing I live in AZ. Also the air ducs wouldnt line up after installing it. So I used duct tape to seal the opening ... Air flow is way better than before ... Just a shame about the heat ...

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Ed
sound like some one must returned it from there old replacment one was done to get there money back.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a heater core from NAPA a couple of days ago. Box is marked made in MEXICO. Cost $27.99. Once my block heater arrives I'll install the new core, thermostat and heater. My wifey won't freeze anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks