• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Cooling Hose, Bad!

aleigh

Popped the cab for a little PMCS and noticed this coolant hose on the turbo. It looks nefarious to me. Seems like I can just go cut a length of whatever and hose clamp it on, nothing special.

Also noticed that the hose clamps on the very top of the engine, seems like they have been digging into the bottom of the cab. Left little divots, one of which has gone to rust, the other two shiny. Might want to check that on your own trucks.

Does anyone happen to know if this the line is charged when the truck is off, do I need to drain the coolant? I know the answer is yes, but I just thought I'd ask out of a strange sense of wish fulfillment. Trying to imagine how many buckets that will take.

Attachments

Ue413

That is not a coolant hose. This is the output of your turbo that forces air into the cylinders.

If if this fails, you won't run right and you could ingest dust and debris into your combustion chamber. I don't understand why there is such misalignment with turbo outlet and intake tube.....might want to check that. I would confirm your flexible hose coupling is still good and fix alignment before replacing.

aleigh

I woke up this morning and in a cold sweat realized it was probably the air charge. What threw me at a glance is it runs up to the radiator (the other way). Much easier to fix though, so glad to be wrong.

Normal you are saying superman? Would you leave it be? Reason it caused me some concern is it's actually starting to crack a little around where it is bulged.

I have a lot to learn about diesel engines... Still can't find the sparkplugs! I think they are with the HMMWV keys.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If cracked I would replace it. But the drivetrain does shift when driving and that hose piece needs to have flex. The upper pipe may be slightly out of place. Loosen it up see what you can shift around. Before you run it those parts do get hot.