• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad day at work

Nonotagain

Yet another example of why I don't like singled out trucks.:roll:

It works both ways PB.

I've handled a few tractor trailer fires where a tube got sucked into the tire and caught the tire on fire burning the entire load. The trailer was carrying 5000 cases of shoe polish.

I've seen inner duals get wrapped around the axle on tubeless tires requiring hours with a sawzall to remove the remains.

Nothing will replace an observant driver.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leaking ctis, long term storage, inflate and drive...

Remember this post when you pick up your GL purchase.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It works both ways PB.
I've handled a few tractor trailer fires where a tube got sucked into the tire and caught the tire on fire burning the entire load. The trailer was carrying 5000 cases of shoe polish.
I've seen inner duals get wrapped around the axle on tubeless tires requiring hours with a sawzall to remove the remains.
Nothing will replace an observant driver.

Agreed Sir! The alert driver is the key in most cases.

However...at least in my experience, we have used bolt cutters, hacksaws, knives and anything else we could find to cut off a bolwn tire on a set of duals and limp on to a truckstop or somewhere to get another tire.

I don't knock anyone who uses singles...it's just not my preference and it normally is much harder to "limp" the truck/trailer to a safe haven. :grin:

F18hornetM

4 1/2" grinder with a cut off wheel wheel works awesome. Smokes alot and will use up a couple wheels, but has no trouble with the steel cord. Got the idea from cutting 2 wire hydraulic hose on the road with it.

Ps: road truck had a welder so had electric

Flyingvan911

With an inside dual wrapping around the axle on a deuce I would worry about it ripping off the brake line and losing the brakes. The flat tire would then be small potatoes.

goldneagle

Agreed Sir! The alert driver is the key in most cases.

However...at least in my experience, we have used bolt cutters, hacksaws, knives and anything else we could find to cut off a bolwn tire on a set of duals and limp on to a truckstop or somewhere to get another tire.

I don't knock anyone who uses singles...it's just not my preference and it normally is much harder to "limp" the truck/trailer to a safe haven. :grin:
That is why god invented spare tires. [thumbzup]

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I need to stop by and do a personal inspection... about anything to get me out of class or out of this rhythm for a bit. Look for the M38 running around Fires school tomorrow.