• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad day with my M54a2

dmetalmiki

well was shifting trucks about in a rush on my own and clouted the REO M54a2 with the ruski camper body by the M54 tracor unit (no damage there)..good and proper..bent the front mudguard (fender) up to the front wheel!..ripped the step off pushing the toolbox into the rear tyre allmost//looked horrid and massive damage..so..went indoors (for a cry!!) but had a cuppa instead.. and did the "impossible " on my own..(as you do)..and repaired all.. so here's pics of the "saga".. a sorta b4 and after.. course' I did have a usefull "diesel powered" body jack! to help...FINISHED at last, midnight now take last pics then.. bed..

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are very few things in this world that can't be made at least a little better by a nice hot cuppa!

Nice work on the repairs, and congratulations for getting it done so quickly. [thumbzup]

Cheers

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Forklifts are mighty handy!

AZDeuce

Good use of a forklift. Great "recovery."

When I got my M35A2 Deuce, it had the usual DRMO forklift damage to both running boards, and the toolbox on the drivers side was pushed up against the cab. I studied it for a while, and figured if hydraulics (DRMO's forklift) had created this mess, then more hydraulics could straighten it out!

So I snuck the truck into work on a saturday (only a skeleton crew) I brought a 1/4" pice of flat steel about the size of the running boards. I laid the steel on the running board then went and got our backhoe and set it up and pushed down on the running board until slightly past where I wanted her to be (I knew she'd spring back a bit). It went perfect.

I then went to the other side and did the same thing, it worked very well. Forklifts and backhoes are two of my favoritet tools.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks