• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Fuel Pump?

74M35A2

Conventional civilian alternator bracket for the 8.3L. This is about a $100 from any Cummins dealer. Can occasionally be found for less on eBay.

83brckt.jpg

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
74, you need to empty your inbox lol I need to ask about those alternator brackets you were sellin a while back.
Assuming your not in too big of hurry for the bracket, I have one that I plan on reselling once I get my new bracket built. I think it was around $70 or $90, will have to look for the receipt, but would work with you if there cheaper now.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You had a valve hit a piston willing to bet you cracked a piston and bent a valve. would also explain the bent push rods and other damage
Don’t know much about diesels but, any chance an injector stuck wide open could cause any of this? Slight hydro locking or washing down the cylinder walls...

Mos68x

You had a valve hit a piston willing to bet you cracked a piston and bent a valve. would also explain the bent push rods and other damage
Definitely possible, but we’ll find out for sure when I open it up.

Conventional civilian alternator bracket for the 8.3L. This is about a $100 from any Cummins dealer. Can occasionally be found for less on eBay.

View attachment 720029
Any chance you have an alternator? That’s what I’m really after

Assuming your not in too big of hurry for the bracket, I have one that I plan on reselling once I get my new bracket built. I think it was around $70 or $90, will have to look for the receipt, but would work with you if there cheaper now.
No rush right now, the generator works but I want to replace it with the newer alternator since I’ve heard many stories about the gen failing and burning out control boxes and other things. That’s the last thing I want to happen when I’m 3k miles from the US.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd wait on the alt bkt until you do some more troubleshooting. Drop the pan and look up the bottom to see what the liners look like. Pull the head, IF it got hot, you could have the same issue as another guy here that had a cracked block between liners. I think he went ahead and put it back together like it was. Dunno if it still runs. After a bit it will develop a coolant leak at the head gasket.

Mos68x

I'd wait on the alt bkt until you do some more troubleshooting. Drop the pan and look up the bottom to see what the liners look like. Pull the head, IF it got hot, you could have the same issue as another guy here that had a cracked block between liners. I think he went ahead and put it back together like it was. Dunno if it still runs. After a bit it will develop a coolant leak at the head gasket.
Alternator is for charging 8 210Ah GC2 batteries. Until I fix this engine it’ll get mounted to an extra generator gas engine I have layin about. All will be revealed when I open the engine up, but since this now no longer applies to the title of this thread I’ll post updates under the rebuild page instead (link here). I’m not sure what parts I do have in the rebuild kit from 98G so I’ll do an inventory to get started.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks