• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad injection pump maybe?

Powerstroke94

Alright so I just got done doing head gaskets on my Deuce and I started it up today and I had to use my Buddie's big 5 ton tractor so we could jump it off with the slave cable. When it fired up it revved up to about 1500rpm then slowed back down and died. I had to keep my foot on the throttle or use the lever for the high idle. Also when you tap on the throttle just a little bit it idles up a lot more than it should, it seems like. It reacts late. It is also missing and we think its only running on 5/6 cylinders. I replaced the hydraulic head a few months ago before I did the head gaskets and it still ran bad. Thats when I decided to change the head gaskets which was blown on #6. So back to today, the return lines on top of the injectors 4-6 it was full of fuel. Then on 1-3 it would never get full of fuel and it had air in it. We bled everything we could any it would never fill up like the lines on 4-6. We then got out the TM 9-2815-210-34-1 to see if we could trouble shoot anything and we tried the lack of power part. We took an old(good) injector I had and hooked it up too the #6 injector line and only a mist was coming out. Not much fuel at all. So we took the injector off the line and just looked at the line while it was running. My buddy put his finger over the end of it and he could keep his finger on it without any problem. So then we took the number 5 line off and tried the same thing. But this time a lot more fuel was coming out of it and every time that line would fire, the fuel would bump his finger off of the end of the line. Could all of this just be because of a bad injection pump or what? I appreciate any input that yall have!! Thanks guys!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
WOW, your buddy needs to be careful putting his finger over the output of an injector, that can force fuel under the skin and poison him. Anyway, glad to hear that didn't happen. It is possible the button has fallen off the tip of the IP plunger, that would cause the HH to put out less fuel as the plunger isn't traveling its full length. When you put the new HH in, did it have the button that is held on with that 3 finger retainer? I have not seen many that do. You might need to move it over from your old one.

Powerstroke94

That wouldn't of been good! Glad that didn't happen. And I can't remember if it did or not. I think I might have some pictures somewhere of it, but Im not for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks