• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Oil Pressure Gauge

ApolloKnight

So while cleaning up the generator this past weekend after an oil change I noticed the oil pressure gauge doesn't work. I tapped it a few times, but the needle appears to be frozen in the 0 position. The motor doesn't shut off, so I think the gauge is bad.

Is there an easy way to replace this with an off the shelf unit, or should I try to find an OEM?

jamawieb

I've read several post that people have used the Beede 12803 but I have personally never replaced it with one.

Bmxenbrett

Its not a mechanical gauge so make sure you get a sender with it if you go aftermarket. Or at least know the Ohm readings are compatible.
I have an aftermarket fuel gauge and used the original sender.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its not a mechanical gauge so make sure you get a sender with it if you go aftermarket. Or at least know the Ohm readings are compatible.
I have an aftermarket fuel gauge and used the original sender.
He wasn't specific in his post but he has a MEP003 which has a mechanical oil pressure gauge.

pjwest03

For mechanical gauges, I like Hewitt Industries. They look the part and are available with 24v illumination as well. Their prices are pretty reasonable.