• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Paint job

LeutDan

Hey guys,

I am here to ask some advice on painting with a rattle can. I just sanded/ primed/ sprayed my m1009 with 15 cans of spray paint (not including primer). I used the Krylon OD green (part of the krylon camo colors). I am fortunate enough to be able to use a family member's huge warehouse so I did it inside and I am seeing spray lines from the can. I have tried to overlap 1/2 and 3/4 and even just barely overlap with no good results. This is my first time painting so I am looking for some tips/tricks for a close to even paint job.

Thanks!

jeep-Jeep

The krylon has a tip that is hard to fan on to blend correctly .
you can get a carc substitute from rapco and it comes with 2 different type of tips per can .
it is comparable in cost before shipping .

REGULATOR

hate to sound vague, but search onthe internet for how to spray paint,
I've found several really good tips and techniques.

its one of those things that once you develop the right technique it seems easy, but it can also be easy to mess up.

the right paint helps, as well as all the other factors such as temp and prep and how you spray. how close you are to it, how much paint you use and how soon you apply additional coats.

be patient..

roscoe

Its going to be difficult to get it even when you are painting one color with spray cans. Its a lot easier if you go with a camo pattern. If you want it to look really good, I'd use on of the regular auto type spray guns. Another thing to consider - if you buy the paint - you can probably get a auto body tech school to spray it for a tip.

LeutDan

hey man i can paint it for you with professinal auto body paint for ab about 850
Thanks for the offer but I am only painting it to learn a little. It is just a toy for me right now so it is not really important. If I ever decide to get a real paint job I will look ya up though. A gloss O.D. green would be pretty sweet!

bryan70546

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks