• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Speedometer?

hole

The speedometer on my deuce doesnt work so i took cable off trans and spun it manually forward and reverse with a cordless drill but still didnt work. Will Wagner was under the dash while i was turning the cable end and said he could feel it turning. Would we be correct that speedometer is bad?
Thanks Will

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will, pull the dash panel and see if the cable is going all the way into the head, maybe it's too short or broken. Also, look at the drive in the head to see if it's stripped.

acetomatoco

or use a nail in a variable speed drill and slowly turn the speedo input...to test speedo... Best to take cable off back of speedo and bring it out front so you can see it and take the truck for a ride and see if the cable is turning at the top end... sometimes the drive gear in the xfer case goes bad... ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks