• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad TCM

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have a M1123 that was stuck in limp mode, changed the relay and the sensors and the light. Could not get codes. Finally swapped out the TCM from another 1123 and now is working prefect. My question is: does anyone work on these or do we need to buy a new one? Looks to have white mold/fungus growing inside the box. Milage is only 6100

20220417_150350.jpg20220417_150357.jpg20220417_150411.jpg

Last edited:

springer1981

Hard to tell from the pictures but that looks like aluminum oxide, AKA white death, which is aluminum rust Indicating moisture may have gotten into the Box. Might be repairable but it depends on how much moisture and oxidation got to the Circuit board in the TCU.

Last edited:

springer1981

Now that I can see in on a monitor and not my phone that is oxidation. If you want to send it to me I'll give it my best shot to clean it up and look for any obvious issues. I won't be able to test it but I can't make it work less than it is now LOL. PM me if you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks