• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Water Pump?

1986Blazerk5

Today i went outside to get something from the M1009 and there was a puddle of coolant about 7 inches by 11 inches, opened the hood and didn't see any obvious leaking, but the coiling fan was loose the the assembly including the belt pulleys it moved about 1/8 inches. could this be a bad pump or is this normal?

Last edited:

taildragger03

If I am correct, there should be a weep hole on the bottom of the water pump. Just a small hole on the bottom of the pump shaft. Should be able to see it with a flashlight from underneath. See if there is coolant there. This was designed to give early warning that the inner seal and/or bearings are failing.

The weep hole is labeled C.

Attachments

rnd-motorsports

:ditto::ditto: and :ditto: if you can move the fan at all then the pump is shot!! and yes there is a weep hole when the pump seal goes bad becouse of the bearings going bad then the coolant will leak from the weep hole !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks