• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BAE protests FMTV Oshkosh award

AN/ARC186

As someone who actually works in the government contracting arena(both writing and administering to) let me tell you, there is far more to this than most know. RFP's are very specific and you would be amazed at how many companies, while well qualified to perform a service or build an item, are tossed out on something as simple as a quality control plan, or a certain procedure that doesn't fulfill all the requirements of the RFP.
The whole idea behind the RFP is so EVERYONE knows and understands the requirements of the contract.

Once a contract is awarded, any deficiencies can be corrected by modification of said contract(Ie 15 inch tires on 16 inch wheels, yep, it's happened)
It's up to those who administer this contract to make sure that everything provided to the government by this company is first rate.
If what is produced is crap, then those directly involved with the contract are responsible and should be held accountable.

If you really want to make sure that that our Men and Women in Uniform are getting only the best write in to your local representative and call for periodic reviews of the contract. It's your right to do so and not only will it help keep the companies performance top notch but it will send a message that we expect nothing but the best for our money and we are keeping an eye on them.

You'd be suprised how much transparency there is built into these programs, you just need to know where to look.

Stan Leschert

Oshkosh, by gosh seems to know what they are doing. I'm outside of your supply chain, but I've seen their product. As for BEA, do they still use LUCAS Prince of Darkness as an electrical non-supplier? That's why the Brits drink warm beer. Lucas made their refrigerators.

This is not a whack on the Brits, they make great SF soldiers. SAS ARE THE BEST! Electonics.... history speaks volumes! We won't even talk cuisine!

My opinion only. Feel free to disagree.

ecupirate

So are the new trucks going to be different than the current FMTV?? Is it going to be the same truck just with an oshkosh tag? How about parts and such will old FMTV parts work on the new ones?

I researched this some and found that the army owns the blueprints however makes exceptions for new manufactures current components and such. So I wonder if we will se a move towards a vehicle like the marine corps and navy MTRV which oshkosh currently makes. Or if they will stay the course with the cab over, cat-allison drivetrain, BAE design.

Edited for more research

Last edited:

GoldComet6

Updated story: Oshkosh wins.

Nov 19/10: A $797.9 million firm-fixed-price contract for the production of 4,773 FMTV trucks. Work will be performed in Oshkosh, WI, with an estimated completion date of March 31/12 (W56HZV-09-D-0159).

Based on announced contracts listed in this article, the current rebuy program has issued $2.1 billion in contracts so far, to buy 13,829 trucks, 566 trailers, and 37 armoring b-Kits.

Link to the complete article....it's long.
FMTV 2010-2015: Oshkosh Wins The Re-Compete

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks