• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ball Joint Replacement with 2" Lift

Diablo

I posted this in Modified, but haven't gotten any responses, so I thought I'd post it here, as well. Please forgive me if the cross-posting is a no-no...

2007 M1165:

I've seen that Rubber Duck offers an "upgraded" ball joint in their Stage II Suspension Lift that corrects the geometry to allow for proper alignment. However, this is for a 4" lift. I'm not interested in going that tall.

For a 2" suspension lift. do the ball joints need to be replaced? If so, what new joints need to be used to correct the geometry and allow for proper alignment? Do the rod ends need to be replaced, as well?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you doing spring spacers or longer springs? I think you are just fine either way. I will do a spacer in the front of my m1123 and m1165 to level it out and I will not worry about ball joints. That ducky thing looks like a tapered shim and nothing more. I could be wrong and I’m sure that I will hear about if so

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never use spring spacers on HMMWV suspension…this has been talked about before.
Body lift and tires…spring spacers will f**k up you HS’s and BJ’s.
I see this constantly in the shop and it’s a mess..