• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ballistic Glass Turret for MWRAP

Hoefler

We have donated and installed ballistic glass in our local County Sheriffs swat vehicle (an old Dodge pig like thing). The team recently aquired an MRWAP which caused them to reach out to me for help.
The truck has a sliding hatch in the roof for observation. Given this swatt team has had more threats waged upon them, they thought having a protected observation "turret", might be helpful for their officers.
We used the existing base, made a few cuts in it and added a full set of ballistic glass sections that I had won on auction. We did this as a donation to the team.
The team has a lot of young guys who have families consisting of wives and small kids. It is my hope that with our help, all of these guys always make it home for supper.
Pete

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks great Pete! I've always been a fan of people getting home to their families. Thanks for helping the boys in blue out.

m715mike

Very nice fab work and an amazing gesture! Your actions are commendable!

If at all possible, I would enjoy seeing a picture of the turret once mounted on the truck.

Hoefler

They told me they will send some pictures as soon as its on. They have offered me the keys and thr drivers seat to have an opportunity to drive it.
Of note, they showed me a bullet hit the truck had a month ago. Some guy shot at them.
I am happy these guys have a further measure of safety here. The glass is rated to 50BMG.
I am the guy in the blue shirt. The other guys are members of the swat team.
Pete

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is outstanding!

Very difficult and dangerous time (not like it was ever 'not dangerous') for our nation's police these days.

Cheers

Hoefler

What kind of criminals do you have in White Bear Lake MN? Must be a pretty dangerous place
That's a rich statement coming from a person with a tank in his front yard.
White Bear and Chisago County lie just outside of St Paul, Mpls-10 minutes. Pretty safe place to live. However, given the shear number of people that live in the 5 county area, the numbers suggest that there are small numbers of not so nice people. These (lets call them clowns), clowns are much more capable of the clowns of old.
I like how local law enforcement is able to buy returning military vehicles for cheap. The Swat team I helped have just retired their old 90's vintage truck that topped out at 50 mph and was not very roadworthy. In fact, before their new truck was officially entered into service, they had to roll with it because their Peace maker broke down enroute to a "situation".
When I meet with the team to discuss the modifications they wanted for their new rig, I could not help but notice the age of the team members. These guys where young. Several had their wives and little kids with.
If that was my kid on the team, I surely would want him to have the best equipment to ensure he gets home to have dinner with his family every night.
Some people think that because police have these vehicles, that they are now a militarized police. I don't see that. I see the re-purpose of these vehicles as a good use of taxpayers money.
Tin foil is best left for baking with and not making hats out of.
Pete

jdmcm

Yes sir I do have a tank in my yard, several in fact. I do not begrudge the police anywhere their safety. I apologize, wasn't trying to belittle your hometown or it's police force.

Last edited:

Jeeperjoe

White bear woo, lets just say you don't want to walk down the street at night yikes, of course just kidding. that's a great looking rig I really like the balistic turret up top nice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks