• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ballistic windshield wiper extensions

twisted60

I’m trying to remove the extension piece for wiper, I’ve removed the set screw but they don’t want to move. Am I missing something ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autonomy_Lost

It's corrosion. One of mine was really bad, I had to cut it off with a sawzall and then replace the pivot. You may have better success if you are more patient than me and use lots of penetrating oil and/or heat.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, heat and penetrating oil may do the trick. Also some love taps with a hammer may help break it free. Good luck,

Mark

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From my understanding it's not uncommon for them to be installed using threadlocker, so applying heat to the extension would be the easiest way to release it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks